Surnames: Nigro & Moscarella

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jnigro

Surnames: Nigro & Moscarella

Post by jnigro »

Hello,

I would like to learn of any information you can provide to help me with my family tree. My great grandfather Luigi Nigro emigrated from Piaggine to America and arrived about May 1892. I think there may be ties to Valle Dell'Angelo, too. According to what I learned he was born November 9, 1858. His parents were Giuseppe Nigro and Mary Bruno, as per his death certificate. He married Dorthea Moscarella about 1882. Dorthea was also known as Rosaria and her father was Pasquale Moscarella. They had four children before he left for America. There names were Francesco, born about 1883, Antonia, born about 1885, Sabito, born about 1888, and Carmine, born about 1891. Dorthea emigrated to America about 1895 with her four children and a someone named Pasqualina Nigro.

Thank you for reading my post and I look forward to any information anyone can provide. Please let me know if there is anything I can provide.

Many regards,
Jim Nigro
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Surnames: Nigro & Moscarella

Post by wldspirit »

The following link may be of interest:

http://valledellangelo.net/

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
jnigro

Post by jnigro »

Thank you!
jnigro

Post by jnigro »

I have links to the Coccaro family in my tree. Two of my great uncles married Coccaro sistes in America. Franceco (Frank) married Camilla. Camilla died in 1917. Sabito (John) married Annie. John died in 1917. Their father was Antonio Coccaro and their mother was Caroline. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I am trying to link back to Valle dell'Angelo and Piaggine.

Also, I had registered on valldellangelo.net last week and my account hasn't been activated, yet. Has anyone experienced the same?

Thank for reading my post.

Jim
jnigro

Post by jnigro »

Does anyone know of the Church of St. Nicholas of Marines, Diocese of Vallese, Province of Salerno? I have baptismal documentation dated 1909. Web searches haven't shown anything.

Thank you.
jnigro

Post by jnigro »

The website valledellangelo.net has been invaluable. Thank you for the recommendation!
JMAllocca

Post by JMAllocca »

I attempted to go to the valledellangelo.net site and it no longer is available. Is there a new website I can go to? I'm researching the Coccaro line that married Corbo/Pirrone's from Sacco.

Thank you,
Jennifer