passports lookups??....

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EliseLaRocca
Rookie
Rookie

passports lookups??....

Postby EliseLaRocca » 06 Feb 2012, 19:28

is there a way to look up and view passports if you know the passport number? IO2588 Wash.D.C. 7/8/1947..... it is for Corinne and/or nick Alexander i know they left america with a uncle to bring him home to italy and returned on 1947 November 08th on ship Nea Hellas but i am trying to find record of the uncle they brought back and to where they might have brought him and hopeing that the passport might have that information on it nut not sure how to go about looking it up and thought since i have the passport number it might be a faster process. thanks

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: passports lookups??....

Postby Tessa78 » 06 Feb 2012, 19:39

From this site:
http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/npic_872.html

Third-Party Requests

Third party requests must include one of the following:

1. Notarized consent from the owner of the passport records,
2. Proof of guardianship,
3. Death certificate, or
4. Court order signed by a judge of competent jurisdiction requesting the Department of State to release passport records.

The only exception to this requirement is when the owner of the passport records was born 100 years or more ago. Your third party request does not have to be notarized but should include the information described in the section above that covers requesting your own record and a $150.00 search fee for each individual for whom a record search is requested. Checks or money orders should be made payable to “Department of State".

Hope this helps :-)

T.

EliseLaRocca
Rookie
Rookie

Postby EliseLaRocca » 06 Feb 2012, 20:54

Tessa78 wrote:From this site:
http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/npic_872.html

Third-Party Requests

Third party requests must include one of the following:

1. Notarized consent from the owner of the passport records,
2. Proof of guardianship,
3. Death certificate, or
4. Court order signed by a judge of competent jurisdiction requesting the Department of State to release passport records.

The only exception to this requirement is when the owner of the passport records was born 100 years or more ago. Your third party request does not have to be notarized but should include the information described in the section above that covers requesting your own record and a $150.00 search fee for each individual for whom a record search is requested. Checks or money orders should be made payable to “Department of State".

Hope this helps :-)

T.

she was born in 1904 so thats 108 years :D she is my grandfathers sister. i am close to her son although he is alot older then me. this looks like alot of steps and money i might try to get the information from a diffrent angle first. thank you

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 07 Feb 2012, 17:24

It's not clear just what information you are looking for.
If you know the town of origin then perhaps you can assume the Uncle was also from there. If you are looking for this to determine the town of origin perhaps you need to find their original entry records which may include the town of origin or find the naturalization records.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

EliseLaRocca
Rookie
Rookie

Postby EliseLaRocca » 07 Feb 2012, 17:59

the alexanders where both born in america, it is her father and uncle that where born in Sicilia. i have my ggf naturalization paper it was passed down to me but on it is does not state anything other then italy. the uncle who was being brought back to italy was never naturalized. he was a catholic priest here for a few years (sometime between 1930 and 1947) in stratford,texas and in little york, texas , the family story goes that he was also the town priest in Gibellina,Trapani,Sicilia. no idea what the name of any of those churches are. i get Gibellina on a death record and it is writtin on a letter and from that family story. i have yet to find records for his brother Vittorio coming to america, i think it was between 1892-1898 as i have 4 diffrent years in each census. i am in the process of getting ready to write a letter to Gibellina to see if i can get a birth record but i am not sure how far i will get there since in 1968 Gibellina was destroyed by a earthquake and moved to a new location. i am not sure what records where saved. so i thought that if i can find anything that might have the city list for sure again and maybe be able to find what church in italy then that gives me another place to write to look for the information. surly if he was a priest there would be some kind of record for him somewhere and his parents and place of birth would more then likly be the same as his brothers and what ever church had his information might also have vittorio. does any of this make sence? i am just trying to look at how i can put my puzzle together from many diffrent angles so that i can find a way to get this information. was very curious to see what information that the passport might hold and if i could find record of nunzio on the ship that they will be listed on going to italy , i have the record of them coming back but nunzio is not listed of coarse since he stayed home.

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 08 Feb 2012, 07:47

You might also try with LDS microfilms for Gibellina.
See "catalog" at www.familysearch.org
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

EliseLaRocca
Rookie
Rookie

Postby EliseLaRocca » 08 Feb 2012, 08:33

i am in the process of renting them to view, i also need to look at the birth records the LDS has for Gibellina, the local office for me is only open two days a week and from 6-8pm. tomorrow i plan to go and find out what i need to do in order to rent and view these. thank you for the help =). hopeing that these records will not be to hard to understand since i do not know italian.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”