Powseitch

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jamie_

Powseitch

Post by Jamie_ »

So, I am quite new to this site. Actually I just joined so hopefully this is the right place to post.

I've been researching my family tree for some time now, and the Italian link in my family tree seems to illude me and everyone else who has attempted to find it so here I am, hoping that someone, somewhere has information on him.

The person I am looking for is Stephano POWSEITCH.
B: 1782 in Palermo, Sicily, Italy
D: 29th of August 1861 in Thornleigh, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.

A book wirrten by Ilija Šutalo says that he was born to Croatian parents, but because he was born in Italy I'm hoping there would be a record of it somewhere.
http://www.easystreetretreat.com.au/aus ... mccord.ged

The above site has essentially all the information there is on him, From his time in England till his death in Australia.

Unfortunately, Everywhere I look there is nothing about his life in Italy, nor his parents. I know that it is a long shot, and the information I want to find on him probably won't ever be found but, being the stubborn person that I am, I probably wont give up looking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Jamie
Sue-Ellen

Re: Powseitch

Post by Sue-Ellen »

Hi Jamie

18months on since you posted this.....but I am also trying to find the birth place and parents of Stephano Powseitch....I am from the Stanton line i.e. John Stanton (alias Stephano)>John Stanton Jnr>William Stanton>william Andrew Stanton>Maurice Henry Stanton (my grandfather). I hope you still visit this site? Was not aware that Stephano had Croatian parents?? Is this confirmed?? Would really appreciate your assistance.
Regards
Sue-Ellen