Di Genova research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
crossl
Rookie
Rookie

Di Genova research

Postby crossl » 11 Feb 2012, 19:57

Hello to all, it has been quite a while since I posted on this site. I have been researching the "Di Genova" family from Casacalenda prov. di Campobasso and have been able to go back to late 1600's. Would anyone know if I could obtain a "Certificate di Stato Di Famiglia" of my grandfather and would this document then contain the birth and death of one of his daughters (my aunt)?
Where would I request this and could it bee done thru email or do I need to send a letter?

Thanks, Frank

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Di Genova research

Postby adelfio » 12 Feb 2012, 15:02

Frank what you should know is most comunes dont have Stato Di Famiglia records just in a record book that are there to copy they have to go through birth records to complete such a document.Its a great idea and you might get lucky but with the economy the way it is its not likely I dont think a Italian comune official is gonna look through records for hours to complete a family certificate for you. Can you see that happening here in the USA.
Your best bet is to get the films from Family History Library stato civile di Casacalenda (Campobasso), 1809-1900 Births, deaths, miscellaneous documents, marriages, banns, marriage documents, citizenship records from Casacalenda, Campobasso, Italy to find your aunt if she is in that time frame of the records if not I would just write for your aunts birth act
Also you could ask Suanj she is from that Molise region, Ital
Include indici annuali.
Film from Casacalenda, Campobasso available
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... asacalen++
Reading Italian records
https://www.familysearch.org/learningce ... 22Italy%22

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

crossl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby crossl » 12 Feb 2012, 17:23

Hello Marty, thanks for your reply. I do have the LDS films for Casacalenda but she was born after 1900. I guess just her birth certificate would be the simplest request. Can the request be done online? If so would anyone know the email address?

Regards, Frank

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 12 Feb 2012, 17:41

Hello Frank,

Sending a written letter of request is strongly suggested. You might then send a "follow-up email" a few weeks after to ask if your request was received. :-)

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Corso Roma, 78
86043 Casacalenda (CB)
ITALY

This site has the City Hall email address:
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/070/011/

Help with letters of request in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Good luck!

T.

crossl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby crossl » 12 Feb 2012, 17:47

Thank you Tessa, should I include any monies or should I await their response to let me know what it would cost?

Frank

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 12 Feb 2012, 20:04

This letter is for a copy of the birth act if you need a record for dual citzenship you will need a stamped copy of a extract of the birth (l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita)
The record should be free you could send a self address return enevelope with your request. Postage from Italy is a 1.60 Euro for a letter to the USA
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Corso Roma, 78
86043 Casacalenda (CB)
ITALY
Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
I miei antenati provennero da Casacalenda. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
Potreste cercare l’atto di nascita di questa persona nei vostri registri
Nome e cognome:NAME OF PERSON
Data di nascita: DATE OF BIRTH
Luogo di nascita: Casacalenda
Nome e cognome del padre: FATHER OF PERSON
Nome e cognome della madre:MOTHER OF PERSON
Vi chiedo di spedirmi se sia possibile dei fotocopie dell’atto di nascita
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
If your included money for postage add this line. Per coprire le vostre spese, sto accludendo ed il pagamento per l’affrancatura di ritorno.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

crossl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby crossl » 15 Feb 2012, 23:07

What would be best way to send a few dollars for postage thru the mail?

Frank

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 15 Feb 2012, 23:16

Hello Frank,

I would not send money unless/until you are asked to do so. These records are generally free :-)

Sometimes it is suggested that you send an International Reply Coupon from the USPS ($2.10) with your request, but the self-addressed UNSTAMPED envelope will usually do the trick...

T.

crossl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby crossl » 23 Mar 2012, 14:01

Hi to all, would anyone know if duplicate church records exist for Santa Maria Maggiore in Casacalenda? I am having trouble getting the priest to open up the church records there and am now trying to see if there are duplicates in the archdiocese.

Does anyone know where the archdiocese is - Larino or Campobasso?

Thank You,
Frank

Return to “Italian Genealogy”