Sharing records from Craco, Ferrandina, and Stigliano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Sharing records from Craco, Ferrandina, and Stigliano

Postby lcafarel » 12 Feb 2012, 19:59

For the last few years, I have been researching my husband's Italian family lines from several towns in Basilicata. In the process, I have about 40 microfilms on extended loan from the Family History Library and have been photographing indexes and some individual records. I have a lot of work yet to do and am currently going through marriage processetti.

Due to the imminent 36% price increase in extended loans of films, I'm preparing to put in a sizable order of additional processetti films from Craco, Ferrandina, and Stigliano before the price increase becomes effective. Unfortunately, these films don't have indexes, and I can't afford to rent the provincial films at the same time. Having the indexes would speed up locating specific marriage records.

I'm wondering if anyone on this list has access to the provincial films for Matera and would be willing to photograph indexes and possibly some selected records for me from these towns. I can reciprocate by sending you specific marriage processetti from the towns I am researching, once my films arrive, or from indexes and records I have already accumulated.

Please send me a private message if you can help and give me your email address for further communications. Thanks!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”