Salerno- Lucia and or Delaro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Salerno- Lucia and or Delaro

Post by ptimber »

Thats northern Italy and there are 5 of Mirabellas??????? which one and what about Salerno??? Very confusing because there are too many cooks spoiing the broth. Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Peter,

This is how I feel.

My newest problem with this is that I just got off the phone with my grandfather, who said he knew NOTHING about Mirabella, and that it didn't sound right. My cousin Tony went over there though and actually met all of our Lucia cousins, so my next clue is with him.

~Amy
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

tell everybody to take a long walk off a short pier and get back to the drawing boards/homework. peter
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hi Amy,

Just reviewed again... the 1930 and 1920 census and it does say that he entered the USA in 1892... but his 1910 census says 1891..

Mirabella...Salerno??? this is a tough one... both places mentioned below are North Italy... and yes there are Salerno's and Mirabellas scattered further south....

ARENA PO (Pavia), SALERNO - which is south of Milano and west of Piacenza.

BREGANZE (Vicenza) MIRABELLA which is nera Verona

mfjp
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

There is an 1891 manifest that exists! Will be sending you that one as well.

mfjp
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Peter, sometimes in your posts I'd swear you were a grumpy old man..

I am starting over, just collecting data instead of trying to make specific connections. I'm having to start here in the US and work my way backwards... but I'm not convinced it will make it easier, but whatever advice all of my cousins have I'm simply collecting at the moment.

I have 5 great-uncles of cousins to talk to as well as my great uncles, and I remember a lot of talks with my great grandmother. Then when I'm done with them, I'm going to go to my great grandfather's brothers and sisters families. Find out what they know. Thats 9 more families with their own subsets. Each of the 10 had at least 5 kids I think.

If I'm going about this part wrong then someone stop me. Remember I wouldn't be taking their information as gospel, but merely getting their information and matching up what I can with actual documents.

~Amy
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

UI did not mean your family I was talking about others on the forum who presume that Salerno is a town when it is only a suburb or neigbhborhood of a town which has another name. hemmentioned a town and used the neighborhopod Salerno to reflect that Salerno is in Northern Italy. I wholegheartedly conucr with you that family contacts are the best way to go when r=tracing family,. I was not being grumpy just annoyed at people who are in over their heads. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

.....and verona for AH's information is in the far north and not "farther south" that like saying Bamngor Maine is south of the USA. Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Fair enough, I'll stay out of that.

I'm obviously very lucky to have pictures of most of these people, my cousin Russell had never seen any of these pictures. It's too bad I can't post them, but I have some pretty neat pictures.

Sticking with the la familia route..
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

ATTA GIRL!!!!!!!!peter
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

"and verona for AH's information "

can you clarify ?????

Reminder...
Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.

:cry: its truly amazing how you get away with things Peter... shame on you... I've seen you do this to many...
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

For your information AH is latin for AD HOMINEM which means to the person (to appeal to feelings rather than reason). So what is abusive about Latin and what it signifies????? Peter
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

nice try...:roll: but have a nice day.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I certainly will have a nice day as I am about to discover the speed of dark!!!!!!Peter
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

hi amy,
may i suggest typing up a questionaire to send to all relatives? in this way you could cover more ground, and then at your convience compare the notations one to the other. i have done this with my family as they are spread out among three states. keep in mind that not all recollections will be accurately recalled, but it may give you some clues for further investigation. :)