Salerno- Lucia and or Delaro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Salerno- Lucia and or Delaro

Post by AmyT »

OOOOH!!

Awesome idea Wldspirit! Good stuff...

It never even occurred to me. My family is full of wakko's myself included so I was going to handle each one on their own sort of so they didn't get all freaky on me, but I figure I'm too old and life is too short to mess around like that anymore. Thanks for the advice!
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

no problem, happy to be of some help as i am a newbie to.
i'll leave the difficult stuff to the pros 8)
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

I need one of these sites for German, Welsh, Native American and Irish... course all of those but one are all on the OTHER side of the family.. LOL...

everyone else is Italian or Welsh..
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Got one or two replies so far that seemed exciting, and a few of "uh... I dunno". Once again Wldspirit, good idea.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

" i dunno...", that is the most fustrating of all!!
how can you not know :roll: we're talking about our family history here!!
that is why i sent out the questionaire, to ease my fustration, not to mention that i should now own stock in at&t given the number of long distance calls i have made to hear the response "i dunno...". OMG!!

gee......that felt good!! LOL

anyway, keep at it, there are members of this site who are very experienced, in fact, without their help, i would still be at square one.
wldspirit

p.s. do any homework peter gives you, even though he may know the answers, :wink: you'll learn something new, and i'm not referring to family history!
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

He seems to be ignoring me at the moment.. LOL

Also, I have free long distance.. it helps seeing as all of my family and friends are so spread apart... it helps TREMENDOUSLY! Especially when my cousin in NYC almost cut her finger off and needed me to send her money cause she didn't have insurance and she's broke cause she is paying her way through Parsons.. ;)
lola66

Post by lola66 »

Peter/AMY

FYI - the ellisisland will list town of origin...........
lola66

Post by lola66 »

Oh yes - Amy you may want to visit cyndi's list at http://cyndislist.com/. This site has an extensive list of resources for you to start with.......
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Lola,

Yes I've seen the manifests at this point, the problem with that is that my GG grandfather may have been lying because he left a wife and three kids in Italy. My cousin and I are working on getting my other cousin to answer his email so that he can tell us if that was true or not.

Thanks for the link!!

Amy
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Lola thank you for your help but this is a sophisticated forum and well beyone cyndi'st and ellis island but thank you very very much. You must be a very sweet young lady to be so thoughtful. Merry Christmas. Peter