Demichelis and Colette from Piedmont region

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jdjames89

Demichelis and Colette from Piedmont region

Postby jdjames89 » 03 Mar 2012, 04:39

My great-great-great grandfather Pietro Antonio Demichelis was born in Coassolo di Torino (Coassolo Torinese, Province of Turin) on September 21st, 1865, to Antonio Demichelis (born December 16th, 1823) and Domenica Moglia Coletti (born October 22nd, 1831, to Pietro and Catterina Coletti – no further names or dates for them). Pietro also had a sister named Maria who was born in Coassolo di Torino on April 21st, 18558. Both children were baptized at the St. Nichola church there where I’ve heard that their mother had a job cleaning. I believe there might also have been a Giuseppe and Giacomo Demichelis in Coassolo di Torino at the time who were some relation (brothers, uncles, etc) as I’ve seen them mentioned in some vague land records that might be related to Pietro. Pietro immigrated to the U.S. in 1888 with a bunch of neighbors from Coassolo. His sister Maria was supposed to come with them as well but instead married a man named Gio Batiste Machetta in Coassolo di Torino or Lazlo and remained in Italy.

I know quite a bit about Pietro’s family here in America – he had sixteen children and many descendants who have compiled information about him, but no one so far has had much luck tracing the family back any further in Italy. I would be very thankful for any assistance. :D

Return to “Italian Genealogy”