Trying to find family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
afwife

Trying to find family

Postby afwife » 06 Mar 2012, 23:28

My great grandmother & great grandfather were both born in Northern Italy. My great grandmother was married before she came to the states with her first husband passing away & then marrying my great grandfather. I'm trying to find information on the Pavetti (my great grandfather) Gazza (my great grandmother's maiden name) or Marsinetti (my great grandmother's first husbands last name). Thank you all in advance.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Trying to find family

Postby Tessa78 » 07 Mar 2012, 15:50

Hello and welcome :-)

Can you provide some additional information?

First names of the ancestors you are searching?
Approx. dates of birth?
Where in US they lived and about when they immigrated?
Names of children?

Any other details you can give us will help us in the search.

You can see on this Surname Distribution map that the PAVETTI name exists today in the Piedmonte and Lombardy Regions of Italy (in the north :-) )
http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... ti&x=0&y=0

GAZZA is more common and exists in the above regions and also Emilia Romagna...
http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... za&x=0&y=0

MARSINETTI does not exist in present day Italy (maybe a variation in spelling?)
http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... ti&x=0&y=0

T.

afwife

Postby afwife » 07 Mar 2012, 23:13

My great grandfather's first name was Charles (may of been Carlo in Italy) & he was born in 1889 in or around Borgodale, Italy. He came to Southwestern PA in or around 1920 if what I'm finding is correct. I know he was held POW in Poland so I am lead to believe he served in the Italian military.

My great grandmother, I know less of. Her name was Maria. I know she was married to a Carlo Marsinetti when she immigrated to the USA and again it was to Southwestern PA. She came over in 1911 at the age of 19. What I can find listed on her as from the area she's from over there is Italy, Refignaue.

As for the children, all of them were born in the US. She had 5 children to her first husband (Marsinetti) and then after marrying my great grandfather, they too had 5 children.

Thanks for any & all help.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 07 Mar 2012, 23:38

afwife wrote:My great grandfather's first name was Charles (may of been Carlo in Italy) & he was born in 1889 in or around Borgodale, Italy. He came to Southwestern PA in or around 1920 if what I'm finding is correct. I know he was held POW in Poland so I am lead to believe he served in the Italian military.

My great grandmother, I know less of. Her name was Maria. I know she was married to a Carlo Marsinetti when she immigrated to the USA and again it was to Southwestern PA. She came over in 1911 at the age of 19. What I can find listed on her as from the area she's from over there is Italy, Refignaue.

As for the children, all of them were born in the US. She had 5 children to her first husband (Marsinetti) and then after marrying my great grandfather, they too had 5 children.

Thanks for any & all help.

Here is the name of the town...
Borgo d'Ale, comune of Borgo d'Ale - province: Vercelli - region: Piedmont

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”