Tuscan Italian DNA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Tuscan Creola

Tuscan Italian DNA

Postby Tuscan Creola » 21 Mar 2012, 01:44

I recently had autosomal testing that showed I am almost 70% Tuscan Italian. I have always wanted to visit Tuscany but I was floored to get these results. My family is from Cape Verde, an arquipelago off the west coast of Senegal. Historically, the Atlantic SlaveTrade was the major industry, but being a former Portuguese colony, I expected Portuguese genes and a predominance of African genes given my skin-tone.

I've traced by tree back to names that appear to be Italian, Cosme, de Sena, Ignacio and Engargiola. I know that Francisco Engargiola was from Genoa but that is about all I know of actual Italian ancestry. Are there records that show where Italians emigrated/traveled to?

Re: Tuscan Italian DNA

Postby adelfio » 22 Mar 2012, 14:27

Welcome to the website Did you have any birth dates of the family? did they come through the US first? Is the name Engargiola possibly Ingargiola
The surname Ingargiola comes up in the town of Genova,Genova province also Ingargiola in the town of Rapallo,Genova province

Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Return to “Italian Genealogy”