I want to find out my family history

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BeckyA
Rookie
Rookie

I want to find out my family history

Postby BeckyA » 26 Mar 2012, 02:59

First, if possible I would like contact information: to email the library in Milan, Italy. I am trying to find George Castello and find out his parents and possible address where he lived. His father is supposedly George Castello. I have sent for records in Milan and other sources and cannot find anything. I am really anxious to find information on him. Please direct me. I wish I could hire someone but I cannot afford it.

My great grandfather George Castello was born in Milan, Italy in 1835 and he and his father moved to the United States. Records seem to say he came 1854 to the United States but he told family he came when he was 12 years old, I am starting to concentrate on the time he was 12.

I am also looking for the names of any songs that you could share that he might have sung as a child. I was told he use to sing the songs of Italy when he came to the United States. This is my only way of knowing what they might be.

Thank you for your help,
Becky Adams

KBL

Re: I want to find out my family history

Postby KBL » 26 Mar 2012, 04:36

I understand your desire to find out more about your family history. I'm the same way. :)

Ancestry.com has a George Castello, age 45, on the 1880 Census, living in Saginaw, Michigan, with his wife Julia and three daughters. Could this be the right person? Doesn't say when he came to the USA, but his age puts his birth year at about 1835.

The same family is on the 1900 Census living in Porter, Michigan. It shows that George was born in October 1835, and that he has been in the USA for 46 years, arrived in 1854, and is a naturalized citizen.

BeckyA
Rookie
Rookie

Re: I want to find out my family history

Postby BeckyA » 26 Mar 2012, 21:01

Thank you I have all this information from the United States. I have his civil war records, his marriage records (3 marriages), his letter to become a naturalized citizen but I did not find anything to show he completed this.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”