Need help finding Greatx3 Grandparents from Vinchiaturo!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CDamato

Need help finding Greatx3 Grandparents from Vinchiaturo!

Postby CDamato » 26 Mar 2012, 06:42

Hello,

I previously posted asking for help locating my Great Great Grandfather Francesco D'Amato's Parents, and received wondeful information because of this site! Thank You Biff and Suanj....so much!

I now am asking for help locating my Great Great Gramma, Alma (Carmela?) Ranallo's Parents. I do know that Alma was born in about 1884, in Vinchiaturo, Italy. She came over to the US sometime before the age of 12, and ended up in Omaha, Nebraska. She married my Great Great Grampa, Francesco D'Amato, at about 18yrs old. They created a wonderful life in Omaha, NE, and had 5 children (James, Antonia, Lena, William, Frank.) She passed away sometime in the 1940's.
I am not sure if her Parent's ever came over from Vinchiaturo, Italy? I did find a ship manifest for the ship Elysia stating that an A.Ranallo, female age 4, and an A,Ranallo, male age 2 came over in about 1888. I was just informed by a Gentleman from the Family Search Center by my home in California, that more than likely that is not my Alma Ranallo. I would really like to find Alma's Parents, and siblings, if she had any. If anybody can help me, I would so greatly appreciate it!!
Thank You so much,
Crystal Damato

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Need help finding Greatx3 Grandparents from Vinchiaturo!

Postby Biff83 » 26 Mar 2012, 13:59

Crystal,

Think this is still worth pursuing; we'll also check for other records on Alma.

Biff83 wrote:Crystal,

For the Ranallo side of your ancestry, you might want to try calling the Omaha Public Library. They do have a genealogy question line--For genealogy reference questions, call 402.444.4826. Looks like Francesco and Alma married sometime between 1900 and 1905; their marriage license application might contain parents' names and places of birth. Folks at the genealogy desk should be able to let you know how to get a copy,

http://www.omahapubliclibrary.org/conta ... contact-us

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

CDamato

Postby CDamato » 26 Mar 2012, 15:07

Biff.....

Once again, you are wonderful! Thank you so much! I will contact them asap!
Crystal Damato

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 26 Mar 2012, 16:09

When you talk to the genealogy desk, you might also want to find out if you can get copies of these obituaries for Gaetano and Pasqualina D'Amato since they might contain parents' names and other genealogical info. The library has an online index only of obituaries--that's where I located these.

D'AMATO, Gaetano ; 88; 21 Jan 1946 Am Cit p 2 @ Holy Sepulchre
DAMATO, Gaetano; 27 Jan 1946 Catholic Voice p 3 @
DAMATO, Pasqualina (Mrs.); 76; 17 Jul 1947 OWH morn p 17 @ Holy Sepulchre**
DAMATO, Pasqualina; 76; 21 Jul 1947 Am Cit p 2 @ Holy Sepulchre

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Return to “Italian Genealogy”