Looking for Marriage information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Looking for Marriage information

Postby Mardi » 03 Apr 2012, 10:51

Would you consider doing a search on marriage on a Francesca Pecoraro.
with Calogero Gagliano as the spouse. Two records shows up on Ancestry.com.... Could you tell me what each of the two records reveal?
Appreciate any help you can give me.
Mardi

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Marriage information

Postby adelfio » 03 Apr 2012, 14:53

Good morning can you help us out a little with some more info what town marriage date ??

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mardi » 03 Apr 2012, 17:10

Thanks Marty....but when I typed in Francesca Pecoraro as main search. and when the names popped up on left selected Palermo Italy marriages then two popped up. I have Ancestry.com but not connected to the Italy part.
Have a wonderful day!!!
Mardi

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 04 Apr 2012, 15:08

ancestry.com has just the index of Palermo marriages of the city and its seziones which contains the brides maiden name and grooms name with father and mother of the name its listed under. It is the like the Hugh Tornabene marriage index for Palermo 1820-1895
With the info off these indexes.
Heres that site
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... index8.htm

You can get the year and the index number off those indexes to get the actual records through Family History Library by renting film records of the city of Palermo and its seziones or emailing the Archivio Di Stato Palermo e-mail: as-pa@beniculturali.it which cost also for the records.
Per ottenere le immagini degli atti su CD occorre inviare un moneygram di Euro 17,80 (euro 8,00 per immagini, euro 2,50 per costo di CD, euro 7,30 per spese di spedizione raccomandata) intestato a Archivio di Stato-Ufficio cassa- corso V. Emanuele n. 31, 90133 Palermo.
Le immagini saranno eseguite alla ricezione del moneygram.

To obtain images of documents on CD, send a moneygram of Euro 17.80 (Euro 8.00 per image, cost of EUR 2.50 per CD, EUR 7.30 for shipping and handling fees) payable to the State Archives-Office over-case V. Emanuele n. 31, 90133 Palermo. The images will be made ​​upon receipt of the moneygram.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 04 Apr 2012, 16:52

These two records come up with an Ancestry search...
Neither of the spouses is Calogero Gagliano :(

Francesca Pecoraro -Fr Paolo Giammona 9 giu 1877 (9 Jun 1877) ufficio 2, Palermo

Francesca Pecoraro -Giuseppe Giusto Vitrano 22 ott 1892 (22 Oct 1892)

I would follow Marty's advice about finding the date, etc. off the index in the LDS films... (or find the record there!)

T.

Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mardi » 04 Apr 2012, 20:09

Thank you Marty and Tessa78 for your help.

Marty the marriage index for Palermo will come in very handy in my search, for many of my ancestors came from Palermo.

Tessa78, thank you for getting the information from Ancestry.com - you guys are awesome.
Mardi

Return to “Italian Genealogy”