Francesco Dragna/ Anna Butera

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Francesco Dragna/ Anna Butera

Post by figaro66 »

Hi
I need help!! Looking for Francesco Dragna in Corleone Sicily, Approx birth 1860's-1870's
According to what information I have gathered It states that Francesco married Anna Butera/ Gotera. I am wondering if Anna (Antonia) Butera/Gotera was really Cutera/Cutrera from Corleone. If any one can find a Marriage record from possibly San Martino Church in Corleone that would confirm I would appreciate it. Also to any one reading this, I am planning a trip to Louisiana this Year and I am willing to look records up, so please let me know.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Francesco Dragna/ Anna Butera

Post by pink67 »

Hi,

I don't know if this record could be the right one:

14 october 1900
Marriage number 64 - between:
Groom: Dragna Francesco, son of the late Matteo and of the living Lucia Listi?
Bride: Giovanna Cutrone, daughter of the livings Giuseppe and Lucia Cusimano

image from familysearch.org:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=11906894

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

The above record is wrong, I apologize...
Found your tree on Ancestry.com and noticed that they were married at least before 1891... this is the baptism act for their son Ignazio:

Baptism act 218 - 18 april 1891

Dragna Ignazio was baptized in the parish church of San Martino in Corleone on the day 18 april 1891, son of Francesco Paolo Dragna and of Anna Vutera:

image here:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=11906841

godparents were: Salvatore Catalinotto and Calogera Bentivegna

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Church Marriage act (in latin):

Marriage date: 23 september 1872

Groom: Dragna Francesco Paolo son of unknown parents
Bride: Vutera Anna daughter of Ignazio and of Francecsa Governali

image here:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=11906893

act is the first on the right side..

Laura
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Hi Laura

Thank's for the Info. I found the above record about 2 this morning.. I appreciate the help!!! Now going back even further...
Tracy
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

1850 April 18th Baptism of Anna Vutera daughter of Ignazio and of Francecsa Governali Battesimi 1847-1851 image 216 of 388 Corleone San Martino
click for record click to enlarge bottom left

1849 June 10th marriage of Ignazio Vutera and Francecsa Governali
Matrimoni 1832-1856
Image 265 of 443 top right
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=11906891
Italy, Catholic Church Records
Palermo
Corleone
San Martino

Marty

Marty

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Does anyone know how to search the marriage records on Family search.
They don't have an Index with names??
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Thats where you have to go through records one by one through the registry it happens with record keeping not everyone kept records the same with indexes what are you looking for?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Hi Marty
I just noticed you had posted back. You would be proud, I found a few people :), But I am looking for birth or Marriage records for Vincenti Ficara and Felicia Colletto, they are the Parents of Angelo Ficara born 1782. Trying to go back. Antonina Puccio married Victorio Di Puma, who are There parents... One big one for me is Antonia Liggio Married Francesco Coniglio, Her parents..I figured you had to search one by one for marriage record, That is 2 stikes for me, One I can't read the Language, 2 I am blind as a Bat.LOl...
Thank's to all those who helped research, Marty especialy you, You came through time and time again....
Thank's, Tracy
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Corleone San Martino
Index Matrimoni 1764-1782 Image 42 of 287
Record Matrimoni 1764-1782 Image 180 of 287

1775 March 23rd Marriage record for Vincenti Ficara son of Angelo Ficara and Serafina Mondello married Felicia Colletto daughter of Francesco Colletto and Rosa Colletto
click for record click to enlarge 3rd on left

Marty

Marty
pistos100

Post by pistos100 »

Hello everyone. Noticed the great work in finding information on the mother of Ignazio Dragna. I've been searching for the father in the same set of baptismal records, 1837-1847, but have not been able to find the baptismal record for Francesco Paolo Dragna. I assume he would be about the same age or a little older than wife Anna Vutera, who was born in 1850. Also, is there a certain method you use to search through the records faster and get better results? Thank you.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

According to LAURAS FIND Marriage date: 23 september 1872

Groom: Dragna Francesco Paolo son of unknown(IGNOTO) parents
Bride: Vutera Anna daughter of Ignazio and of Francecsa Governali
Since he his parents were not known it could be numerous things with the church record. ON the index it might says Franciscus Paolo EX IGN: PARENTIBUS if you look at the Battesimi 1847-1851 start at pg 26 there is alot of them listed like that
When your going through those records if there are 400-500 record pages there are usually more than one index one in front and one in the middle around 225-275
Hope that helps

Marty

Marty
pistos100

Post by pistos100 »

Thank you. Appreciate the advice. I looked and noticed that there are several "Francescus Paulus ex ignotis parentibus" in the baptismal records. (Here is a link to an old book that gives further explanation of the term: http://books.google.com/books?id=4LsaAA ... us&f=false). If, according to church tradition he should have married as "ex ignotis" but instead did it with the surname of Dragna, I wonder if there's any way to find out how he picked up Dragna. Would the explanation be in the Documenti Matrimoniali? If so, how does one find a specific record in the Documenti Matrimonali since there are several that cover the same time period and there's no index? Thank you in advance.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Ah yes the registry with no index its like some italian records alot of time have no index you just have to go through them one at a time and look for the person you are looking for.
I have looked through marriage allegati's with no indexes the recorder just put the records together no date or name order just look like he compiled it like that.THEY ARE A GOLD MINE OF INFO SOMETIMES Sometimes there would be 12 records in the file birth death marriage birth sometimes just a marriage record and 2 birth records
You have to remember you had to have your parents permission to get married if they were deceased you would to have a copy of that record and you needed your birth records and if you were married before
Another thing his parents might have gotten married later and recognized him as there child then that happens It might show only on the record parenti ignoto parents unknown and after looking at the marriage record it also says parenti incerto which probally means he was left as foundling
So roll up your sleeves and start looking the record is in there somewhere

Marty

Marty
ficara777

Post by ficara777 »

I am looking for the marriage date for Serefina Mondello and Angelo Ficara. Also is there a guide to translate marriage records and baptism records into English?

Thank you!