SAPIENZA and FALZONE family names and locations in Italy/USA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pepperoncini

SAPIENZA and FALZONE family names and locations in Italy/USA

Postby pepperoncini » 29 Dec 2004, 03:02

I am trying to connect with the Sapienza and Falzone families in Italy/USA. My husband's mother was Italian. Her name was Genevieve Sapienza and her parents were Adaline Falzone and Peter Sapienza. I hope you could give me a link to this query. I am starting a family tree for our own family here in California. Thanks a bunch!

Sincerely,

Pepperoncini :lol:

ptimber
Master
Master

Re: SAPIENZA and FALZONE family names and locations in Italy

Postby ptimber » 29 Dec 2004, 04:36

To get your feet wet. Go to www.ellisisland.org and type in Pietro Sapienza after you enroll ion the website. There are only 15 Pietro Sapienza who entered the USA from Italy from 1892 thru 1920. each is listed with the place of last resdeince which is usually the town or origin in Italy. if you do not know the town then bring up the manifest (Go upper left and bring up the ships manifest and then enlarge it and then read by the number assigned to him on the manifest and find out if he came in with some one and where he was destined to and other family information that might help yopu identify him. Peter

mfjp
Master
Master

Postby mfjp » 29 Dec 2004, 04:45

Hi Pepperoncini,

There is 1930 census that says that Peter (shoemaker) and "Lina" entered the USA in 1913. Their children were Nardina, Sally and Genieve.. are these the people you are looking for?

There is also a ship's record of a Pietro Sapienza - 1913, only his wife (or sister...) is listed as Filippa...

If you could provide birthdates it would help since there were a few Pietro Sapienza's out there...

mfjp

pepperoncini

Postby pepperoncini » 28 Aug 2009, 04:33

mfjp wrote:Hi Pepperoncini,

There is 1930 census that says that Peter (shoemaker) and "Lina" entered the USA in 1913. Their children were Nardina, Sally and Genieve.. are these the people you are looking for?

There is also a ship's record of a Pietro Sapienza - 1913, only his wife (or sister...) is listed as Filippa...

If you could provide birthdates it would help since there were a few Pietro Sapienza's out there...

mfjp

Thank you. Sorry, it took only now for me to get back to this website. many things happened during the past 5 years. Yes, the women mentioned here are the aunts of my husband. His grandfather had a shoe repair shop in Brooklyn. Sally is the only surviving relative my husband has. Can you give me your email please? Thank you so much.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 28 Aug 2009, 04:51

Mfjp is no longer a member of this site, however we have several excellent volunteers who are more than capable of fulling any research needs you may have.
Provide as much info as you can on the ancestor in question, full names,
spouse, maiden name if known, birth dates, residence and immigration year if known.
Having the names of any known children is also very helpful in placing the family in records.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

pepperoncini

Postby pepperoncini » 28 Aug 2009, 05:11

wldspirit wrote:Mfjp is no longer a member of this site, however we have several excellent volunteers who are more than capable of fulling any research needs you may have.
Provide as much info as you can on the ancestor in question, full names,
spouse, maiden name if known, birth dates, residence and immigration year if known.
Having the names of any known children is also very helpful in placing the family in records.
wldspirit

Thank you very much. I will contact my in-laws soonest. I appreciate the immediate feedback from you. :lol:

Return to “Italian Genealogy”