requesting/ordering birth certificates from Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MCKay
Rookie
Rookie

requesting/ordering birth certificates from Italy

Postby MCKay » 11 Apr 2012, 19:37

What is the best way to order/request birth certificates from Italy? I know that you need to request these certificates from the local town but I want to make sure that things go smoothly and quickly. I have an appointment with the Italian consulate in July and I need these certificates to reach me before then.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: requesting/ordering birth certificates from Italy

Postby adelfio » 12 Apr 2012, 00:10

What town do you need get records from??

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

MCKay
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MCKay » 12 Apr 2012, 06:52

I'll need to order birth certificates from Salaparuta and Petralia Soprano.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 12 Apr 2012, 15:32

Have you located the records you need on Family History film
If you did I would send them with the explaination that these are your relatives records and you need a free paper extract(Estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita) of the records for dual citzenship include a photo id

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

MCKay
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MCKay » 12 Apr 2012, 19:38

Thank you very much Marty! This is new information to me. Is there a place where a letter like that is posted on the internet in Italian? I have located the records. I guess I could just send a printout of the microfilms I have located...

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 13 Apr 2012, 01:19

Here you go just fill out the info

Ufficio di Stato Civile
COMUNE di NAME OF TOWN

Mi chiamo YOURNAME. I miei antenati provennero de NAME OF TOWN e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri per la cittadinanza italiana.
Vi chiedo di spedirmi l' estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita di questa persona.
Nome e cognome: NAME
Data di nascita: DATE OF BIRTH
Luogo di nascita: PLACE OF BIRTH
Nome e cognome del padre: FATHER
Nome e cognome della madre:MOTHER
Ho allegato fotocopia dell'atto di nascita
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
YOUR NAME EMAIL AND ADDRESS AND PHOTO ID
I told them you need it for italian citzenship and you are enclosing a photo copy of the birth act
Marty

Marty

MCKay
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MCKay » 13 Apr 2012, 03:17

Thank you so much Marty! Will I need to enclose anything else with this letter? Maybe an envelope or postage?

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 13 Apr 2012, 04:17

You can send a self address envelope

Marty

Marty

cachapello

Postby cachapello » 24 Apr 2012, 22:29

I am looking for birth certificates from two Italian towns. Can anyone help me with addresses and what it is I need to send?

1. Town of Pizzone, Province of Isernia, Region of Molise (grandmother born in 1887)

2. Town of Quadrelle, Province of Avellino, region of Campania (grandfather born in 1879)

Also, I have seen different information as to whether there is a cost for a certified birth certificate. Is there?

I can send self addressed envelopes. Do I need to send money for postage back to the US? If so, in what form?

Eventually these two were married in Italy. I currently have no idea where. Is there any way to find out without just taking a shot and requesting the marriage information too?

Thanks for any help.

MCKay
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MCKay » 15 May 2012, 22:30

Cachapello, I have received one of my documents and I did not include return postage as the postage for there is different than you can buy here. Also, I did not include payment.

Mucbeani

Postby Mucbeani » 19 Aug 2012, 22:47

I am trying to find birth certificates or records and marriage certificates or records from the town of Pizzone, Province of Isernia, Region of Molise from the years 1844 thru 1895. Any advise or help on what I need to do would be appreciated.

Thanks

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 20 Aug 2012, 00:10

Mucbeani wrote:I am trying to find birth certificates or records and marriage certificates or records from the town of Pizzone, Province of Isernia, Region of Molise from the years 1844 thru 1895. Any advise or help on what I need to do would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are requesting records for dual citzenship or for family research and have you looked at the films from Family History Library Pizzone (Campobasso), 1810-1899 Births, deaths, marriages, banns, marriage documents, miscellaneous documents, citizenships

Marty

Marty

Mucbeani

Postby Mucbeani » 20 Aug 2012, 02:42

Its for family research. Where can I find the films from Family History Library Pizzone (Campobasso), 1810-1899 Births, deaths, marriages, banns, marriage documents, miscellaneous documents, citizenships.

Thanks

Return to “Italian Genealogy”