Castellano, Marotta line from Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Castellano, Marotta line from Italy

Postby cowgrldaz682 » 12 Apr 2012, 23:20

Hi. I am looking for any information on the Castellano Family from Italy. I am not sure where exactly in Italy and would like to find that out. This is what I know: Gernaro Castellano (1873 b. in Italy) came to the US in 1903. I cannot find him on the Ellis Island website. I believe he settled in NJ. Stella (not sure of her maiden name) was also born in Italy in 1885 and her immigration year is 1890. She married Gernaro Castellano and they had Helen (1909) and Margaret (1911) in New Jersey. Margaret Castellano got married at 15 and 1/2 years old. She was my great-grandma. She had my grandfather, Patrick Marotta. Her husband was Frank Marotta and he did not stick aorund. He left and had another family which I would also like to find. So, I am looking for more information about the Castellano family from Italy, where exactly and if there are any more members to add to the family tree? Also, I would like to find out more about Frank Marotta and his other family. I know the last place he lived was in NJ and I know his parents were both from Italy as well.

Thank you in advance.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”