Cunto Family From Napoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mangelini
Rookie
Rookie

Cunto Family From Napoli

Post by mangelini »

Hi, I have come to a dead end in my research. I am after the birth of my Ancestor Gennaro Cunto born about 1793 in Napoli, of which i am unsure where. His parents were Nicola Cunto and Nicoletta Chiammiello according to his marriage record. He moved to Lipari in the 1830's and stayed there with is new Wife and Decedants. He seems to be the only Cunto to move to Lipari.

If anyone knows where the cunto family could be based or has other information i woudl be glad to hear.

Note. the death record states his Father as Gaetano Cunto??

Michael
Michael Angelini
Searching Surnames: ANGELINI, TOROSANTUCCI, COPPOLA, PICONE, MATERAZZO, GENTILE, BONGIORNO, PALISI, TESORIERO, MATARAZZO, ACUNTO, CUNTO, CAPPELLI, SCAFIDI, PANCELLA, TRAVAGLIA GABRIELLI, TUMMARELLO, SIMEONE
mangelini
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Cunto Family From Napoli

Post by mangelini »

He married Marianna Barresi in Lipari in 1835. So he moved to Lipari around this time.
Michael Angelini
Searching Surnames: ANGELINI, TOROSANTUCCI, COPPOLA, PICONE, MATERAZZO, GENTILE, BONGIORNO, PALISI, TESORIERO, MATARAZZO, ACUNTO, CUNTO, CAPPELLI, SCAFIDI, PANCELLA, TRAVAGLIA GABRIELLI, TUMMARELLO, SIMEONE
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

In 1835 Lipari marriages I found in the index: #44
CANTO or CUNTO don Gennaro from Napoli
BONGI donna Marianna from Lipari
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 3.jpg.html
marriage date Lipari 20 aug 1835
marriage act #44

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 7.jpg.html

seeming Bongi the Marianna maiden name and not Barresi, daughter of don Girolamo Bongi and donna Giuseppa Buongiorno...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mangelini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mangelini »

Thank you so much Sunj. I do actually have this record. I have found the Atto di Morte di Marianna Barresi. I had not thought that the surname could be Bongi, but Baressi is a common name in Lipari, and I have found a death record of Marianna's brother with the same parents of course and it states Girolamo Barresi as the father. Thanks anyway for your help it is much appreciated.
Michael Angelini
fargone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fargone »

Hi Mangelini and Suani,
in this act (http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 7.jpg.html) it's write BARRESI and not BONGI. read carefully!
For other information about GENNARO CUNTO ad his wife, you can try to contact the diocesan archives of Messina and ask them about the "processetto matrimoniale" of the year august, 21, 1835 (the cathedral of Lipari).
The "processetto" can give you information about the Napoli's church where Gennaro was baptized, and other information.
Fargone -grldapolito@gmail.com-
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

:D surely is Barresi as mangelini know, but the hard handwriting on marriage act seemed Bongi to me
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH