Help with marriage record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Help with marriage record

Postby bkworm10 » 23 Apr 2012, 21:29

Hi, I just received my 4G grandparents marriage record. I can read some of it, but this record seems to have a lot of important information. For instance, I think it lists Maria Maddelena's mother's name (Donata Liucci?) - something that I just didn't know until I got this record. I also think it lists the street address that Antonio M. Gioscia was living on in Stigliano. Finally, I think it lists the dates of death of Maria Maddelena Maffeo's parents. But I'm not sure. So could someone please help me with the translation of this record. Also, I'm not sure what it says on page 2 of the record. Thanks for all your help! -Annette

http://s14.postimage.org/427n2hggx/Gios ... iage_1.jpg
http://s14.postimage.org/h539lr6ox/Gios ... iage_2.jpg

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Help with marriage record

Postby liviomoreno » 24 Apr 2012, 08:01

Page 1

On 1819 Dec 10 at 5PM in front of Michele Monte, mayor of Stigliano, appeared:

Antonio M. Gioscia, aged 22, day laborer, domiciled in Stigliano "Strada sotto il Torrione", son of Francesco, aged 60, living in he same place, attending to the marriage and giving his consensus, and son of Rachela Amati, aged 50, spinner living with her husband and giving her consensus.

Maria Maddalena Maffeo, aged 21 daughter of Domenico Antonio deceased in Stigliano on 16 Sept 1817(?) and of Donata Liucci who died 2 Sept 1817, as it results from the death certificates presented.

Who asked to go ahead with the marriage celebration provided that the banns were poste in the Town Hall

Page 2

the first on Nov 31, sunday, at 9PM and the second on Dec 8, Sunday, at 6PM

according to their request, the mayor red to the couple the Chapter 6 oc the civil code and asked them if they wanted to become husband and wife and after their positive answer, according the Royal Decree June 16 1815, he gave them a certificate and told them to go to the Parish Priest to celebrate the Marriage according to the "Concilio di trento"

Witnessess
Vincenzo Gambara 60yo, barber(?)
Giuseppe Schettino 23yo, day laborer
Pietro Trojano 30yo shoemaker
Nicola Trojano 23yo Barber
The act was signed only by the Mayor since all the others were illitterate.

bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help with marriage record

Postby bkworm10 » 24 Apr 2012, 12:56

Thank you Livio! Wow, finally I have a different profession in my family! A spinner - neat!

Thanks again for taking the time to read this for me!
Annette

Return to “Italian Genealogy”