Looking for my half brother

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
amancuso

Looking for my half brother

Postby amancuso » 25 Apr 2012, 14:11

Hi,

I have recently discovered that my father, Santo Mancuso, an Italian Prisoner of War during WW2 held at Merrow Downs Camp 57 in Guildford, Surrey, England, fathered a child with a nurse that was treating him for pneumonia at the time.

This happened before he returned to Italy where he met and married my mother before settling in Australia.

I don't know the name of the child or his mother but I would like to know where I could find information regarding births during that period, and I am presuming around the area, with a view to hopefully tracking down my half brother who be in his late 60's, early 70's.

My father passed away in 2001. He was captured in North Africa then taken to England. His prison number was 156836.

Would anyone know whether any type of records were kept and how I would be able to track them down, or of a local historian or historical society, or maybe even websites that I could contact to help in my search?

I don't know the exact name of the Hospital he was treated at but believe the closest to the camp at the time was St Lukes.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Anthony Mancuso.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for my half brother

Postby adelfio » 26 Apr 2012, 14:27

Welcome Anthony to the website I would write a email to ask if they can check there birth index for the years he was there for your fathers name on the birth registry tell them your story about your half brother
website for Surrey County
http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/people-and-c ... rtificates

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

amancuso

Re: Looking for my half brother

Postby amancuso » 26 Apr 2012, 15:09

Thanks Marty, I will do that. I greatly appreciate your help.
Kind regards,
Anthony.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”