Great granfather infor in Olevano sul Tusciano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Great granfather infor in Olevano sul Tusciano

Postby belmoro19 » 27 Apr 2012, 15:02

Hello all,
If there is anyone out there that can help me locate information on my great grandfather I would be very greatful to you.

What I am looking for is information on my great grandparents. I can give the information that I have and I hope it helps. I am interested in my great grandfathers birth and marriage information.

My great grandfather: Antonio or Antonino Barba born in Olevano sul Tusciano, Italy in the province of Salerno. I am not sure of his parents names but he was born in 1866-1869. The names of his parents could have been Carmineantonio Barba and Evangelista Di Cunzolo or Antonio Barba and Evangelista Di Peccia. There is a debate in the family of which set of parents is correct.

He was married in Camden New Jersey on April 5, 1894 to Raffaela Rinaldi. I am sorry that I have no information for her. I know that she was born between 1886-89 in Italy, huge possibility in the Naples area. For which if you can help with that also I will be very greatful for.
I thank you for any information that you can give.
Sincerely
Eric

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Great granfather infor in Olevano sul Tusciano

Postby adelfio » 27 Apr 2012, 16:40

Eric do you know if they were married in a Catholic church if so they should have a registry with the parents names on it at the church

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

carmentessio

Re: Great granfather infor in Olevano sul Tusciano

Postby carmentessio » 16 Jul 2012, 02:37

Hey, I,m writing from Argentina and looking for my grandgrandmother Carmela Barba. She married my grandgrandfather in Angri, Salerno and we know that her brothers went to live to USA, don,t know the year but should be around 1860 or so. My mother is 94 now and I am trying to found information for her. Not shure but probaably they were for Bari or around but she got married in a catholic chur h in Angri. In the family said that they went to New York, may be Brooklin, but really don´t haver more infomation. Hope we are realted!!!!!! please let me know, we are all italian citizens, liv ing in Argentina. Excuse my bad english!!!! ciao!!!!!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”