Victoria Pesaturo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Victoria Pesaturo

Post by Amansolillo »

I am looking for information on Victoria Pesaturo. She was the daughter of Michele Pesaturo and Cecilia Fragola and was most likely born either in Prata Sannita or Letino around 1890-1896. Michele, Cecilia, and their children immigrated from Italy to Newark, NJ, and then to Providence, RI. I can't seem to find any census records that include Victoria, but she did live in Rhode Island. According to Michele's 1948 obituary, Victoria is stated as living in Providence, married with the last name Marcello. Any information on Victoria would be very much apppreciated. Thanks.
Towns of interest: Panni, Itri, Ceprano, Pontecorvo, Prata Sannita, Canicattini Bagni
vj
Master
Master

Re: Victoria Pesaturo

Post by vj »

Amansolillo wrote:I am looking for information on Victoria Pesaturo. She was the daughter of Michele Pesaturo and Cecilia Fragola and was most likely born either in Prata Sannita or Letino around 1890-1896...
Is this your family?
http://imageshack.us/a/img717/9796/1910p.jpg
In 1910 in Providence, daughter Vittoria is 35 - born abt 1875?
Thank you, Valarie
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Amansolillo »

That's the family, but it would seem that one of Michele and Cecilia's children, Elvira, is not present. She was born in 1878.
Towns of interest: Panni, Itri, Ceprano, Pontecorvo, Prata Sannita, Canicattini Bagni
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Victoria is still living with Michele and Cecilia in 1905 Rhode Island Census, and she is single...

"Rhode Island State Census, 1915," Victoria Pesaturo, Providence Ward 09, E.D. 373, Providence, Rhode Island

Name: Victoria Pesaturo
Residence: Providence Ward 09, E.D. 373, Providence, Rhode Island
Estimated Birth Date: 1875
Place of Birth: Italy
Relationship to Head of Household: Daughter
Race: White
Place of Birth: Father: Italy
Place of Birth: Mother: Italy
Page Number: H
Line Number: 21
GSU Film Number: 1764939

T.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Amansolillo »

That's odd. Both censuses say that Victoria was born in 1875, but Michele and Cecilia got married in 1879.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Amansolillo wrote:That's odd. Both censuses say that Victoria was born in 1875, but Michele and Cecilia got married in 1879.
You have this record?

T.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Amansolillo »

Yes. I was able to find it on Ancestry.com. It was dated 15 December 1878 (I made a mistake in that last post) and they were wed in Letino. Two months before, their daughter Elvira was born.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I just found a birth record for Elvira Gesualda Nicoletta Vittoria Pesaturo, born 14 October 1879 to Michele and Cecilia...

Is this the Elvira you mention above? Or is this Vittoria?

I can post the record if you don't have it...

I looked at the records for 1875, 76, 77, 78 and did not find a Vittoria Pesaturo.

T.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Amansolillo »

That's Elvira. I somehow ended up getting her birth year mixed up with her parents' year of marriage. Victoria had to have been born before 1891 because that was the year that Michele and his family immigrated to America.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Amansolillo wrote:That's Elvira. I somehow ended up getting her birth year mixed up with her parents' year of marriage. Victoria had to have been born before 1891 because that was the year that Michele and his family immigrated to America.
Found the 1900 Census with both Victoria and Elvira (thought they might be the same person for awhile :-) )

Victoria's birth is listed as Sept. 1876 on the census, and age 23.
Michele and Cecilia list years married as 21.
It could be that they were married in the Church, had Victoria, then married in a civil ceremony in 1878. Or Victoria is the child of a previous marriage? I checked the birth records again for Letino in Sept. 1876 and did not find a record for her.

1900 United States Federal Census about Ubaldo Presaturo

Name: Ubaldo Presaturo
Birth Date: Mar 1881
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1900: Providence Ward 9, Providence, Rhode Island
[Providence]
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1891
Relation to Head of House: Son
Marital Status: Single
Father's Name: Michele Presaturo
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Name: Cecilia Presaturo
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Michele Presaturo 50
Cecilia Presaturo 45
Victoria Presaturo 23
Elvira Presaturo 20

Ubaldo Presaturo 19
Esther Presaturo 15 (this is actually Elisio)
Esther Presaturo 11

T.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Amansolillo »

I thought Elvira and Victoria were the same person at one point as well. One of Elvira's middle names is Vittoria, so that made me assume that. Also, where did you find this census? And why does it have two Esther Pesaturos?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Amansolillo wrote:I thought Elvira and Victoria were the same person at one point as well. One of Elvira's middle names is Vittoria, so that made me assume that. Also, where did you find this census? And why does it have two Esther Pesaturos?
Found the census on Ancestry. Did a search on Ubaldo.
You can see that the surname was misspelled as Presaturo.

The 2 Esthers are a transcription error by the indexer. The census lists Elisio and Esther.

I was looking at the marriage record for Michele and Cecilia.
I'm sure you had noticed, but I just wanted to mention that Michele was born in Prata Sannita; and his deceased mother's given name was Vittoria.

T.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Amansolillo »

Yes, I know that. Michele was born in Prata Sannita. He was the son of Ottaviano Pesaturo and Ottaviano Conca. He married Maria Teresa Cecilia Fragola, who came from Piedimonte d'Alife, and they lived in Letino until immigrating to America.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Amansolillo wrote:Yes, I know that. Michele was born in Prata Sannita. He was the son of Ottaviano Pesaturo and Ottaviano Conca. He married Maria Teresa Cecilia Fragola, who came from Piedimonte d'Alife, and they lived in Letino until immigrating to America.
I read Vittoria for his mother's name :-)

Well, here is something to ponder...
I found a birth record in Prata Sannita for Sept 1876 (the month/year stated on the 1900 census that for Victoria's birth)
The child is Maria Michele Pisaturo, born to Michele Pisaturo and Margherita Scuncio.
Midwife made the presentation at the town office because "the husband of Scuncio was unable because he was ill."

Maybe you want to save it just in case is "connects"

T.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

T :D ,
Really great record finds!
Valarie