Colonna and Ricci families in New Jersey

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jackdaisy
Rookie
Rookie

Colonna and Ricci families in New Jersey

Postby jackdaisy » 02 May 2012, 22:50

I am looking for anyone who is related to these two families or who has information about them. Some of the known facts are:
Orazio Colonna and wife Carmela married in Italy in 1880 (Comune unknown). Orazio migrated 1886, Carmela 1888 to Newark, NJ, USA. They had 9 children but only 5 survied to 1910.
Six are known. Maria Angela, Katherine, Maria Antonia, Maria Giuseppina, Angela Marie, Antonio.
Katherine married Frank Sibilia (surname uncertain) and had five children. Fortunato, Angelo, Marie, Romeo, Florence.
Fortunato married Louise Ricci
Louise Ricci is the daughter of Rocco Ricci and Romilda (called also Angela, Angiolina) Allodola. Rocco and Romilda married in New Jersey but came from Ruoti, Italy. Their other children are, Jennifer, Frank, Anthony, Carmine, Angela

I would love to hear from anyone who knows this family or has information about them.

Jack

pink67
Master
Master

Re: Colonna and Ricci families in New Jersey

Postby pink67 » 03 May 2012, 12:46

Hi Jack,

on the site Familysearch.org there are possible birth records for Orazio's child:

New Jersey, Births and Christenings, 1660-1980

name: Colono
baptism/christening date:
baptism/christening place:
birth date: 02 May 1894
birthplace: Newark, Essex, New Jersey
death date:
name note:
race:
father's name: Grazia Colono possible mispelling for Orazio
father's birthplace: Ita
father's age: 35y
mother's name: Carmella Cilana
mother's birthplace: Ita
mother's age: 34y
indexing project (batch) number: C01259-2
system origin: New Jersey-EASy
source film number: 494228
reference number: v46 Image384 rn248

New Jersey, Births and Christenings, 1660-1980

name: Colono
baptism/christening date:
baptism/christening place:
birth date: 13 Mar 1897
birthplace: Newark, Essex, New Jersey
death date:
name note:
race:
father's name: Gracia Colono
father's birthplace: Ita.
father's age: 40y
mother's name: Carmella Gilani
mother's birthplace: Ita.
mother's age: 38y
indexing project (batch) number: C00798-4
system origin: New Jersey-EASy
source film number: 494237
reference number: v 55 p 364

Laura

jackdaisy
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Colonna and Ricci families in New Jersey

Postby jackdaisy » 03 May 2012, 18:33

Laura, Thanks for looking up the two births for me. I also found them on familysearch. I sent to the New Jersey State Archives for a copy of both records. An interesting thing happened when the two records came to me.
1. the child born 2 May 1894 on their record was born 2 May 1895. The record didn't show a name but the date shows it was Maria Giuseppina.
2. The child born 13 Mar 1897 on their was born 13 Mar 1898. The record didn't show a name but the date shows it was Angela Maria.

Both copies I received were very clear and the years shown were very clear. I don't know what copy was indexed so I don't know how the mistake was made.The records also told me they were the 7th and 8th children of the parents. I know the ninth and in 1910 census the mother said she had 9 children, 5 living. So I know 3 earlier ones are missing and must have died young.
I have searched familysearch and Ancestry and some Salt Lake films. I posted this message hoping someone familiar with the family would see it and be able to give me some information I don't have. My nephew, a descendant of this family knew very little about them.I have found out a lot so far.
Thanks for the reply

Jack

Return to “Italian Genealogy”