Conti from Toscana

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
annikaelisabeth

Conti from Toscana

Post by annikaelisabeth »

Hi
Maybe this is a long shot. I'm trying to find my roots back in time at my grandfather's side. It is an adventure and an exciting one. I have fairly advanced and now I'm through Sweden and France in Italy!

My grandfather's grandmother's grandmother name was Augustine Eleonor Bonander. Augustine's father was a Swedish sailor, captain, who met the young Anna Maria Perrine Conti in the port city of Saint Malo, France in 1784.

Anna Maria's father's name was Jean Augustine Conti. In the documents that we received, it appears that he is from Livorno in Italy. His father's name was Bhartelemy Charles Conti and his mother Angelique Bonechi (or Bonnet?)

That means I am now in Italy. So the question is if anyone here researching the family Conti from Tuscany, and perhaps most importantly, Livorno. It doesnt have to be Livorno, possibly Augustine started from the port of Livorno when he traveled to France. Probably he was a sailor and probably went the ship to Saint Malo, where he stayed because of love, one may assume.

Anna Maria Perrine Conti was born in Saint-Malo 1785
Jean Augustin Conti is probably born about 1755-1765 (He married Jeanne Barbe Le Bourg)
Bhartelemy Charles Conti and his wife Angelique should then be borned in the beginning about 1720 + - 10 years. In Italy!

It would be really exciting if anyone had information about this family. Who were they? Where did they live? Was it a big family? Is there relatives alive today? All information I can get is gratefully accepted.

Sincerely
Annika Elisabeth Fagerquist
Bastad, Sweden
annikaelisabeth

Re: Conti from Toscana

Post by annikaelisabeth »

Excuse me. Of course the name in Italy will be Augusto or Augustino, Bartolomeo and so on. Is it possible to follow my ancestors from Italy, Tuscany in 16- and 1700? Did they had records? Where can I find them if its so? The area must be northern Italy, Tuscany and possible Livorno or Genoa.