Antonio Muschi or Mussi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Antonio Muschi or Mussi

Postby jolynn » 08 May 2012, 19:35

hello, While i was researching my family history i found a man called Antonio Muschi who lived as a boarder with my g/grandmother in grimsby, lincolnshire, england. The 1911 census revealed that he was 80 years old and an organ grinder and that he was born in italy. i managed to find out that he died in 1921 and that his name by then was spelt Mussi and that his age was given as 92. I would like to find any members of his family who may want to have the details of his last resting place. Also does anyone know where he might have come from. I guess given the age at death he would have been born around 1829. any help appriciated. regards, john

Michael31
Master
Master

Re: Antonio Muschi or Mussi

Postby Michael31 » 09 May 2012, 05:35

jolynn
Elite
Elite

Postby jolynn » 09 May 2012, 15:52

Thankyou Michael for the information. If anyone with either of the family name MUSCHI or MUSSI is on this board could they get in touch with me. Are there any records in Italy for the area's where the MUSCHI or MUSSI families came from? regards, john

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 09 May 2012, 16:11

jolynn wrote:Thankyou Michael for the information. If anyone with either of the family name MUSCHI or MUSSI is on this board could they get in touch with me. Are there any records in Italy for the area's where the MUSCHI or MUSSI families came from? regards, john

The MUSSI family has a wide distribution in Italy (not so, the MUSCHI name)
http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... si&x=0&y=0

There are records available, but you will need to really narrow down the place of birth to the EXACT towns to find these records because that is where the records are kept.

T.

jolynn
Elite
Elite

Postby jolynn » 11 May 2012, 21:08

Iam afraid i have no other information. I just thought that there may be records for all people born of that date on some kind of census just like the ones we have in england. regards, john

Return to “Italian Genealogy”