Looking for Parrucci in San Genesio or Sarnarno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kathleenswanson

Looking for Parrucci in San Genesio or Sarnarno

Postby kathleenswanson » 16 May 2012, 08:29

My Grandfather left san Genesio in Italy in the early 1900's..He moved to USA and lived in Minnesota. His name was Enrico Parrucci and was marriewd to Maria Petinari from Sarnano, Italy. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kittie Parrucci Swanson

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Looking for Parrucci in San Genesio or Sarnarno

Postby wldspirit » 16 May 2012, 13:41

Immigration, showing his status as single upon arrival:

Name: Eurico Parrucci
Arrival Date: 30 Apr 1905
Birth Year: abt 1881
Ethnicity/Race-
/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Napoli
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Liguria

Are you interested in U.S. or Italian records?

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 16 May 2012, 14:19

After looking at the ship manifest Wildspirit posted I think the town is POSSIBLE San Ginesio is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Macerata in the Italian region Marche maybe another set eyes could back me up.........
click for record keep clicking to enlarge LINE#6

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 16 May 2012, 15:05

Marty is correct, the townshown in the manifest id San Ginesio, provine Macerata. Sarnano is about 8-9 miles from San Ginesio.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 16 May 2012, 15:29

Grazie Livio
Maria Petinari born and from Sarnarno leaving her father Pasquale to travel to Minnesota to see her sister Beneditta Petinari LINE #17
There are records on film of both towns at Family HIstory Library for more info on your family

click for record keep clicking to enlarge pg1

click for record keep clicking to enlarge pg2

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 16 May 2012, 18:23

adelfio wrote:Grazie Livio
Maria Petinari born and from Sarnarno leaving her father Pasquale to travel to Minnesota to see her sister Beneditta Petinari LINE #17

Marty

I read Benedetta Petrini, Perrini should be the surname of Benedetta's husband.

Maria's name is crossed out, doesn't this mean that she did not travel on that ship?

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 16 May 2012, 19:44

THank you for your great set of eyes :lol:
There are numerous manifest of her that are are lined out with the same info on them

Marty

Marty

kathleenswanson

Postby kathleenswanson » 11 Jul 2012, 05:25

I knew my grandfather was from San Genesio and my grand mother was from Sarnarno, I did not knoe that her fathers nane was pasquale. How do I get more info who my grandparents were and further back My father never talked about his parents. They both died before he was out of school. He talked about some of his childhood and spoke of his parents lovingly. His sister raised him after his parents died and I never thougt to ask her about them. His sisters name before she married was Rose Parrucci and she kept in touch with some relatives but i have no idea who they were. My mother was Irish and I started with her family, and they were very easy to find. They came to USA in the 1600's. My father brought us up as Italians and to be very proud of this. We had 6 children in our family and we are very proud of our father. I am doing this to honor him and his family for being brave enough to start a new life in this country. Any information I can get I would be grateful. I have the USA records I would be interested in the Italian records. Thank you very much for your help you don't know how I appreciate the help. Kittie Parrucci Swanson

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 11 Jul 2012, 15:51

There are Births, marriage banns, marriages, deaths and supplemental records. Includes indexes of San Ginesio (Macerata), 1866-1929 from Family History Library so you should be able to get Enrico Parrucci (born abt 1881) birth record
Family History Library Locator
https://www.familysearch.org/locations
Ordering Films from Family History Library
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center
About Italian Records
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records
Reading Italian records
https://www.familysearch.org/learningce ... 22Italy%22
Films from San Ginesio at FHL
https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fh ... an+Gines++
You will need the NATI(BIRTH RECORD) FILM

The films of Sarnano only have 1900's birth so you will have to write to them for her birth record

Ufficio Anagrafe
Comune di Sarnano
Via G.Leopardi 1
62028 Sarnano (MC)
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta atto di nascita ai sensi dell'art. 107 del DPR 396/2000
Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Sarnarno. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di questa persona:
Nome e cognome: Maria Petinari
Data di nascita: 1883-1888
Luogo di nascita: Sarnano
Nome e cognome del padre: Pasquale Petinari
Nome e cognome della madre: incerto
Potreste cercare l’atto di nascita di questa persona nei vostri registri.
Per favore, vi chiedo di spedirmi l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita o una delle fotocopie informazioni familiari su atti di nascita di Maria Petinari
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
YOUR NAME EMAIL ADDRESS
I ask for a photo copy of the birth act or a extract of her birth record It cost $1.25 to send a letter to Italy they usually dont charge for records
It is almost vacation time in Italy it might take a little while for a responce
Great time researching

Marty Adelfio

Marty

kathleenswanson

Postby kathleenswanson » 12 Jul 2012, 22:17

Marty: Thank you very much for your help. Do I just send the Italian letter you sent to the the address you gave me? I will keeo in touch and let you know how this works for me. How far back do you think i can follow my families. Again i appreciate you time and trouble you went through to help me. My family will be forever grateful to you for your help. There is now 53 members of our family direct line of descent including children,grandchildren, greatgrandchildren,greatgreatgrandchildren and greatgreatgreatgrandchildren. As you can see there are a lot of us that want to know what our Italian line is. Kittie Parrucci Swanson

Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Postby Marcas » 17 Aug 2014, 23:38

Here's my results:
Enrico Parrucci
- born 9 july 1879 in S.Ginesio
- father Giovanni Parucci born abt 1842
- mother Matilde Maria Anna Biciacci (she's got triple name)
- Birth house in Campanelle st.
https://www.google.it/maps/place/43%C2% ... !1s0x0:0x0
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...

kathleenswanson

Postby kathleenswanson » 19 Aug 2014, 07:59

Marcus thank you very much for your information. I would appreciate any further information you have. Like brother and sisters they haqd and did some stay in Italy, if so who asre they and where are they residing now. Do I have cousins living in this areaa. Thank you very much. Kittie

Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Postby Marcas » 19 Aug 2014, 15:22

kathleenswanson wrote: Lbrother and sisters they haqd and did some stay in Italy

i have none at hand. I'll try next time, when in s.ginesio.
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...

Return to “Italian Genealogy”