Unknown biological parents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ericderrico
Rookie
Rookie

Unknown biological parents

Postby ericderrico » 16 May 2012, 12:34

Hello,

I have been in an ongoing mystery of finding my GGF's (Pasquale D'Errico b.1891 d. 1972) birth certificate in Italy. Through some thorough research into family rumours I made two discoveries that his name may have actually been Pasquale Svelto. Since this discover I wrote another letter to the comune di Carpino where he was born only using the name Pasquale Svelto. Lo and behold they got back to me with this:

http://derricogenealogy.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/pasquale-svelto-birth-certificate.pdf

Now I enter the difficult task of finding who his actual parents are. In other documents such as his SSN application he lists them as Michael Vincenzo D'Errico and Maria Antonia D'Avolio. He also entered the US twice apparently, first time as Pasquale D'Errico, second time as Pasquale Svelto. When arriving the second time he lists his closest relative back home in Italy as his aunt [illegible first name] D'Avolio.

Question I have for everyone is how do I go about finding his biological parents?

Thanks
Eric
Researching surnames: D'Errico, Bellotti (and other spellings), D'Avolio, Calvano, Marano

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Unknown biological parents

Postby adelfio » 16 May 2012, 14:44

Why dont you get the film records from Family History Library for Carpino (Foggia), 1809-1926 it has Nati, matrimoni, pubblicazioni, morti for the years 1874-1884 film number# 1803235.
Checked the birth records yourself for the time frame you are seeking also since you got a extract of the birth record look at the real birth act and see who presented the child Pasquale Svelto to the town and any other info on the record. Did he serve in the military in Italy ?
Family History Library locator
https://www.familysearch.org/locations

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

ericderrico
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Unknown biological parents

Postby ericderrico » 16 May 2012, 14:47

thanks for the info. I've actually requested the film records from the family history library. They're on backorder but hopefully once they arrive I'll be able to get more information.
Researching surnames: D'Errico, Bellotti (and other spellings), D'Avolio, Calvano, Marano

Return to “Italian Genealogy”