Nigro from Carlentini, Siracusa, Sicilia, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
GreenDaisyMay

Nigro from Carlentini, Siracusa, Sicilia, Italy

Postby GreenDaisyMay » 19 May 2012, 02:40

Im looking for information on the Nigro's, Birth, Death, Marriage any records I can find. My family came from Carlentini and ended up in California and some went to Nebraska USA.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Nigro from Carlentini, Siracusa, Sicilia, Italy

Postby adelfio » 19 May 2012, 16:02

Welcome to the IG website
His birth date
Do you know his father and mother did they stay in Carlentini
What first name did he use in the States
Do you have any more first names or dates of family births
Where did they settle in California
There are record of Siracusa > Carlentini 1900-1929 on ancestry.com
could find some info on

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

GreenDaisyMay

Postby GreenDaisyMay » 23 May 2012, 04:54

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

This is what I have found so far...

Giuseppe Nigro 1850 born Carlentini and 1948 died San Jose, California He was married to Sebadtiana Battaglia 1860-1946. They had (that I know of) 11 children. My grandfather Anthony was the youngest.

I do have a tree on ancestry but have come to an end without being able to read Italian.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 23 May 2012, 16:18

Birth record of Rosa Nigro
INDEX# 81
1901 March 2nd at 4:10 in the town of Carlentini appeared Giuseppe Nigro age 51 with his wife Sebastiana Battaglia in a house on via Roma gave birth to a baby girl named Rosa Nigro
click for record keep clicking to enlarge

Birth record for Antonio Nigro
INDEX# 84
1901 March 1st at 13:00 in the town of Carlentini appeared Giuseppe Nigro age 55 with his wife Sebastiana Battaglia in a house on via Roma #133 gave birth to a baby boy named Antonio Nigro
click for record keep clicking to enlarge

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

GreenDaisyMay

Postby GreenDaisyMay » 05 Jul 2012, 07:04

Marty do you think you can translate Rosa and Antonio for me word for word? The Italian handwriting is very difficult for me.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 05 Jul 2012, 14:14

Birth record of Rosa Nigro
INDEX# 81
In the year 1901 on the 5th day of March at the hour of 12:05 before the civil official of the town of Carlentini Sebastiano Tribula appeared Giuseppe Nigro age 51 soapmaker(saponaio) residing in Carlentini declared at the hour of 4:10 of the 2nd day of above month at a house on #155 via Roma with his legal wife Sebastiana Battaglia the birth a baby girl they presented as Rosa Nigro
Present to the act as witnesses
Giuseppe Toia age 47 soapmaker
Salvatore Toia age 28 carpenter
They signed as witnesses to the record with the civil official and the father

Birth record for Antonio Nigro
Index #84
In the year 1906 on the 4th day of March at the hour of 9:15 before the civil official of the town of Carlentini Sebastiano Tribula appeared Giuseppe Nigro age 55 soapmaker(saponaio) residing in Carlentini declared at the hour of 13:00 of the 1st day of above month at a house on #133 via Roma with his legal wife Sebastiana Battaglia the birth a baby boy they presented as Antonio Nigro
Present to the act as witnesses
Salvatore Breci age 60 farmer
Sebastiani Catalano age 58 farmer
The father and civil official signed the record the witnesses didnt because they couldnt write

Marty

Marty

joseph garrotto

Postby joseph garrotto » 20 May 2016, 00:52

Joseph Nigro married Sebastiana Battaglia in Carlentini Sicily. They are my great grandparents.They had at least one child, Louisa Nigro born in Carlentini, Sicily on March 6, 1888. Joseph and Sebastiana are burried in Santa Clara, CA. Louisa married Salvatore Garrotto on March 2, 1908 in Omaha, Nebraska. They had Paul, Mike, Mary, Nellie, Joseph and Al, all deceased. Joseph is my father.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”