Paul Martini, b1792 Lucca Tuscany Help finding Birth & Paren

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
macquirie

Paul Martini, b1792 Lucca Tuscany Help finding Birth & Paren

Postby macquirie » 20 May 2012, 17:17

Hi All,

I'm new to the forums so unsure of protocol here. I'm searching for records of my ancestor PAUL MARTINI who I understand from UK records was born in Lucca,Tuscany, ITALY in about 1792. The first record I can find of him in the UK is his marriage to Mary Hibbert in London in 1813 after which are a good documentation of his life in England, However I am interested in finding out about his (and therefore My!) Italian Family and Ancestors! Any help or guidance you are able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Warmest Wishes,

John

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Paul Martini, b1792 Lucca Tuscany Help finding Birth & P

Postby adelfio » 21 May 2012, 16:01

Welcome to the IG website John
IF YOUR SURE HE WAS BORN IN LUCCA,LUCCA province
Lucca civil records only go back to about 1807 you would have to go back through the church records to find records of Paul's birth or baptism and there quite a few churches in Lucca. Do you know his parents names?
If you did know there names you could check the Archivio di stato di Lucca they have the second copy of birth marriage and death records of the towns of the province Lucca 1807-1814 for other siblings marriages or deaths

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

macquirie

Postby macquirie » 21 May 2012, 19:11

Many Thanks for your Welcome and reply. Unfortunately I do not know Pauls parents names nor those of any siblings,if he had any! The only information I have is from his Marriage record in London, no fathers name is given, and from the UK census records of 1841-1851-1861 and 1871. May I ask you where I can find searchable Church records online for the Lucca region?

Warmest Wishes,

John

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 22 May 2012, 18:16

John send your story and email to Kathy Kirkpatrick
She has researched Lucca Diocese archives and she knows about the archives of the churches there she might be able to help you
GenTracer
PO Box 11955
Salt Lake City, UT 84147
801-755-6991
gentrace@gentracer.com
www.gentracer.com

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

macquirie

Postby macquirie » 22 May 2012, 23:42

Marty,
Many Thanks for the advice and lead, I will e-mail Ms Kirkpatrick tomorrow and ask for her assistance, I will keep you posted with my progress.
Again my thanks.

John

Return to “Italian Genealogy”