Galante surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adamchase2013

Galante surname

Post by adamchase2013 »

Looking for anyone who has history on the Galante family from Chieti, Abruzzo,Italy. Like any members that might have been "connected" if you know what I mean.
Biscetta

Re: Galante surname

Post by Biscetta »

I am researching my fathers family, surname is Galante. His family is from Chieti, Abruzzo. My grandparents were Antonio and Maria (DiRico) Galante. They lived in the town of Filetto. Would love to find more information on this line of my family.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
On this shipmanifest is this your Antonio Galante born abt 1908 son of Domenico Galante and Concetta Iocco (daughter of Tomasso Ioccco born in Orsogna is a comune and town in the province of Chieti in the Abruzzo going to Boston Mass
PG#1 line 29 and 30
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0030

PG #2 LINE 29 and 30
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0030

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
themechams

Post by themechams »

My second great grandmother was Angela Custode Galante. She was born in1820 on April 24. She married Antonio Alessandro DellaValle on December 9,1839. Her father was Francesco Antonio Galante. He was born in 1786. her mother Conzia Vitacolonna was born in 1783. Siblings I have been able to locate are: Marianna Camilla Galante born in 1811 and Guiseppi Galante born in 1813. There were likely more children (looking at the gap in years) but I have not located their records yet.

Angela Custode and Antonio Allessandro DellaValle had five children for which I have located records (again the large gap in years lends me to think their are more children)-
Diodato b. 1840
Rocco b. 1842
Maria Concetta b. 1855
Margherita b. 1857
Maria Grasia b. 1860

Considering the families strongly adhered to the Italian naming customs I think it is somewhat safe to assume Angela Custode's father's name was Rocco and Antonio Allesandro's father's name was Diodato.

I hope we can connect these families.

Christine Mecham nee DellaValle