Help wtih Translation of Birth Certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mianzo

Help wtih Translation of Birth Certificate

Postby mianzo » 27 May 2012, 08:03

I attached the birth certificate info for my grandfather - Domenico Maenza who was born in San Clemente in Caserta on January 14, 1881. I was able to translate most of the certificate part - it looks like the certificate was completed on January 20 - i guess that is normal to do the paperwork a few days after the birth. It says his father was Generoso Maenza - but i have two questions.

1 - I cant seem to find his mothers name - is it the Michele Nero or Nevo that is listed twice i cant tell
2 - I cant translate any of the text on the right hand side of the page under the title Numero except his name and December 22 and 1901 - just curious what it is referring to so far after his birth - could it be marriage info - i know he was married before he married my grandmother - and i know that he came to this county in 1904

Any help would be appreciated - THANX

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help wtih Translation of Birth Certificate

Postby adelfio » 27 May 2012, 15:29

Can you leave either a image( you have to use a photo sharing site like postimage.org its free and you dont have to join)or a link back to ancestry.com of the birth record

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

mianzo

Postby mianzo » 27 May 2012, 18:48

An image of the birth certificate is at:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1JundQ4jZR_QWRjVzV1VUpJZzA

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 27 May 2012, 19:41

1881 Jan 28th before the city official of Caserta appeared Generoso Maenza age 32 newspaper vendor in a house in San Clemente with his wife Nunziata Negri recognized the birth of a baby boy named Domenico Maenza
Witnesses
Gaetano Avizzano age 24 and Michele Nero
Side note says Married in 1901 Dec 22nd to Concetta L'Braccio??

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

mianzo

Postby mianzo » 29 May 2012, 06:21

THANK YOU SO MUCH Marty - that filled in a few pieces of info for me - especially my great grandmothers name and my grandfathers first wife. That may help me dig back a little farther.

When I wrote to Caserta for the birth certificate I asked about any marriage documents and they said they did not have any he must have been married in another town - funny they missed it on the same document.

Thanx again

Frank

Return to “Italian Genealogy”