Trying to find CAGNO family from Foggia, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cags33

Trying to find CAGNO family from Foggia, Italy

Postby cags33 » 27 May 2012, 23:03

Please offer any suggestions or advice on how I can best locate the following information, as I wish to continue researching my family tree.

"Princessbubbles" helped me locate my great-grandfather's (Vincenzo Cagno) marriage record, which indicated his parents were named Carmine (sp?) Cagno and Celestina Palletta. At the time of Vincenzo's marriage in the USA, his father was already deceased; he had previously been a farmer. He and his wife lived in Bovino, Foggia (Puglia?), Italy. I am hoping to find out if Vincenzo and Michael (sons of Carmine and Celestina who came to America) had any other siblings in Italy or the USA. I would also like to find out further information about the Cagno family in Italy, but I'm not sure how to research.

If you have any suggestions or advice, I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks so much. :)
Cags

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Trying to find CAGNO family from Foggia, Italy

Postby Tessa78 » 28 May 2012, 21:54

Hello Cags! :-)

You can visit your nearest LDS Family History Center to rent and view the microfilmed records they have available for Bovino...
The civil registrations (births, marriages, deaths) for Bovino available on film cover the period 1809-1929.
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... m%2F233397

For the nearest center
https://www.familysearch.org/locations

T.

cags33

Re: Trying to find CAGNO family from Foggia, Italy

Postby cags33 » 30 May 2012, 01:31

Thank you so much for responding, Tessa. I will try your suggestion to see if I can find further information in Italy. Once I left the relatives who had been in America, I wasn't sure how to proceed. I wasn't aware that the microfilm from Italy was available, so I'll see what I can find. Thanks! :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”