Greco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tracisnails
Rookie
Rookie

Greco

Postby tracisnails » 08 Jun 2012, 05:26

Still need information on Alphonsa Greco. Married Sebastiano Bullara, son Pietro Bullara in Bivona, Sicily. Alphonsa had a sister names Maria Nunziata I believe.

Thank you

Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Greco

Postby Bette » 08 Jun 2012, 15:16

Have you tried reading the microfilmed records held by the Mormon Family History Center? There are Civil Registration records (births, marriages, deaths)microfilms available to rent and read at a Mormon Family History Center for the period 1820 - 1929 for the town of Bivona in Agrigento, Sicily. The records are in Italian but there are books available to assist in reading the records, such as Lynn Nelson's book, "A Genealogist's Guide to Discovering Your Italian Ancestors".

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 08 Jun 2012, 15:43

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Name:Alfonsa Greco/ WIDOW
Arrival Date:31 Mar 1908
Birth Year:abt 1847
Birth Location:Sicily
Birth Location Other: Bivona
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality:Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure:Napoli
Port of Arrival:New York, New York
Ship Name:Duca degli Abruzzi
They had sons left Vincenzo in Bivona on via Samburo,met in New York Ignazio,Pietro and Giuseppe Bullara according to the shipmanifest pg 2
Bette has the right idea with with the film records

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

tracisnails
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tracisnails » 08 Jun 2012, 21:46

Thank you so much you guys! I will try that. And thank you for thw information Marty.

tracisnails
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tracisnails » 08 Jun 2012, 21:49

Of and Marty if you don't mind me asking how did you find that info? I haven't been able to find info on her

Return to “Italian Genealogy”