looking for relitives of Alfred Franscisco Valente

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ianhunter

looking for relitives of Alfred Franscisco Valente

Postby ianhunter » 16 Jun 2012, 14:27

Hi, I am trying to trace relations of Alfred Franscisco Valente(My great-grandfather)who came to the UK and Married Emily Hilton (English) and moved to Scotland and lived in Edinburgh (Grassmarket\Little Italy) area. They had children named Emily, Mary and Caroline(my grandmother) Alfred was an artists model at one time from what i was told and after his death was buired in Inveresk Church Yard in the town of Mussleburgh.
If anyone out there reads this and has any information of any his friends or family I would like to hear from you.
Regards, Ian Hunter. :)

stuartcapaldi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: looking for relitives of Alfred Franscisco Valente

Postby stuartcapaldi » 24 Jun 2012, 21:42

Ian

found the following

Notes from Scotland’s People June 2012

Death Certificate

Alfred Valente age 51 died 27 September 1951 19 St Clements Gardens, Wallyford, E Lothian
Married to Catherine Fotheringham
Occupation Railway Surfacemean

Father Francis Valente Boiler Fireman (retired)
Mother Emily Agnes Hilton Deceased

Death Certificate witnessed by son Alfred Valente, 5 Mitchell Street, Musselburgh

Alfred Francis Valente age 68 died 1988 in Inveresk, E. Lothian this could be Alfred and Catherine’s son. He was born 1919 in Inveresk Musselburgh

I cannot find details of Alfredo's death in the Scotland records, he was alive in 1951 when his son died.

Do you have any more details?

The artists' model is a bit of a myth as every Italian I know including my own grandfather was an "artists model". Artists did go to the Val di Comino and some of the youths did do some sittings but in general I tend to take it with a pinch of salt.

Stuart Capaldi
Stuart Capaldi

Return to “Italian Genealogy”