Looking for Sabini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Saskia

Looking for Sabini

Postby Saskia » 09 Jan 2005, 23:44

Hello Everyone

I live in Wales in the UK and my ancestors surname was Sabini from Parma in Italy. I have some information and dates but would be grateful if there is anyone out there who may have the same surname, and come from the same location, would contact me. My tracing seems to have come to an end and I would love to be able to find out more, please help me if you can

Saskia x

ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Sabini

Postby ptimber » 10 Jan 2005, 03:37

Hey Saskia what can someone with the same surname give you that others cannot save for possible relatives. If Parma city is the city of origin then going back to 1500 is piossible whichI ams ure you are aware of. Peter

Saskia

Postby Saskia » 31 Mar 2006, 22:41

Hello Peter

I have just found your reply to my comment. I apologise for not answering you earlier, I have been away from home and sorry if my post offended re the Sabini surname

I am not even sure of the spelling of Parma or maybe Palma in Italy. I am fairly experienced with geneology, so long as it is in Wales!. I really have no idea where to start tracing my ancestors in Italy and unfortunately I dont speak Italian either.

The only details of my Grandfather I know is his name, year he was born in Palma Italy and I know the year he died in Wales. I have been trying to solve this for about 10 years and this June I am actually going to Italy!

If you know any good websites that might help me I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Regards Saskia

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 31 Mar 2006, 23:44

Saskia......Peter is no longer a member, however, if you need additional help there are lots of members here who can assist you. Didn't want you to think that Peter would ignore your post.......
wldspirit

jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby jcsm400 » 01 Apr 2006, 07:18

Saskia,

Do you have any record, like his death certificate, that shows birth town in Italy?

The Morman Church has filmed records for both Parma & Palma, so you really need to know the name of the town (comune). Also, Parma is a city and a province.

Hope this helps
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”