Grandfather who was a POW in WWII in Durham (beamish)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Moonshine22

Grandfather who was a POW in WWII in Durham (beamish)

Postby Moonshine22 » 16 Jun 2012, 20:32

Hi everyone,

I have found out that my grandfather was in fact an Italian POW. He was working at Beamish when my grandmother (now deceased) met him and fell pregnant.

I would like to know iff there are any records that I could ask for from somewhere to find out if he is still alive (highly unlikely) or there were other children born.

my father is desperate to know more about his natural dad.

I do know his name, it was:

Joseph Tattereli

I am not sure that is the correct spelling and I believe that he would probably be Giuesseppe in Italy.

Any advice of where I can search or who I can contact to find the records of him, would be much appreciated.

Thank you

:D :D :D :D

MarieJosephine
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Grandfather who was a POW in WWII in Durham (beamish)

Postby MarieJosephine » 16 Jan 2014, 23:05

Hello, I am looking for a half-brother. My father was an Italian POW in WWII from Italy. He was held prisioner and was working on an estate/farm in England, I think near Well Pond Green. His Name was Giuseppe Sciallis. I have posted on this site and only have a picture of the baby that was born when he met someone. What was your grandmothers mothers name?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”