Badino near Torino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jbadino

Badino near Torino

Postby jbadino » 16 Jun 2012, 22:09

Hi,

I am trying to confirm the town that my great grandfather is from in Italy, and hopefully find a birth record (atto di nascita) or family record (cerificato di stato di famiglia) that would allow me to continue to trace his ancestry.

His information (from Ellis Island records):
Name- Joseph Badino (I assume Giuseppe)
Est birth year- 1872 (+/- 3 years)

An older relative had previously traced him to Pinerolo, but I am not 100% sure that is correct. The Badino name seems to be centered in the Torino region though.

I've looked through familysearch.org & ancestry.com but their digitized Italian records are spotty and I did not find birth record.

Can anyone help? Are there any online source I could use to continue my search? Or is the next step emailing to Italy?

Best,
Joe

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Badino near Torino

Postby Biff83 » 18 Jun 2012, 16:05

Joe,

Not sure if you've seen this death record for Joseph Badino. It shows birth town as Pinerolo and birth date as 27 Jan 1871.

http://www.sos.mo.gov/images/archives/d ... 016022.PDF

I would write to the comune of Pinerolo and request his birth act.

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Return to “Italian Genealogy”