Looking for descendants of (Cosmo?) Gus Schiro and Rose

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Looking for descendants of (Cosmo?) Gus Schiro and Rose

Postby Antonio Greco » 25 Jun 2012, 05:12

Good day all,

My Great Great Grandfather Rosario Greco had a sister named Rachella Greco. She was born 1850 in Colosimi Cosenza Italy. She married a Mr. (Anabale?) Comine and had a daughter named Rose/Rosa.

Rose married a (Cosmo?) Gus Schiro and lived in Omaha Nebraska. She was in touch with members of my family until at least 1934 when he brother Rosario Greco died.

Rosario changed his name to George Ross in Thunder Bay (then called Fort William) to integrate into the British culture. His daughter Ann Ross was writing to our American cousins I was told up to the 1950s then contact was lost.

I am trying to figure out what became of Rose and Gus Schiro's descendants. Respond to this post and I will check in.
De Colosimi e de iumare portaccende ma un de pigliare: delle cose di Colosimi e delle fiumare è meglio non prendere nulla
Antonio Greco

Re: Looking for descendants of (Cosmo?) Gus Schiro and Rose

Postby Antonio Greco » 26 Jul 2013, 22:23

Correction. Since writing this I found our Rachella married an Antonio Gigliotti in Colosimi. The relative of Rosario's was a niece named Alessandrina Greco. Alessandrina was the child of Rosario's brother Giuseppe. She was born to parents who were not married.
Everything worked out in the end however as she married Annibale Comine/Comino and moved to Omaha Nebraska and had many children and died at an old age.
She was known as Alice Comine in Omaha and I made some contact with one of her great grandchildren who is now living in California. According to him there are many family members still in Omaha.
De Colosimi e de iumare portaccende ma un de pigliare: delle cose di Colosimi e delle fiumare è meglio non prendere nulla
Antonio Greco

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy