Researching church records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
giorgi77

Researching church records

Postby giorgi77 » 05 Jul 2012, 13:38

Does anyone have any advise on the best way to go about researching church records in person? I'm making a trip to Frosinone (specifically Torrice) and would like to see if I can review church ancestry logs while there.

Thanks

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Researching church records

Postby adelfio » 05 Jul 2012, 14:19

Ask Ann (italysearcher) she is lives in the area and she researches church records in Frosinone

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 05 Jul 2012, 19:02

Hmmm. Records in San Pietro go back to 1650. They are a bit funny in that area. I have never searched Torrice but was refused in nearby Strangolagalli. Priest is/was Don Mauro. 0776.300078. According to my Diocese book the records are not organised and the priest will occasionally allow a 'studioso' to look at the records.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

giorgi77

Postby giorgi77 » 05 Jul 2012, 23:49

Italysearcher wrote:Hmmm. Records in San Pietro go back to 1650. They are a bit funny in that area. I have never searched Torrice but was refused in nearby Strangolagalli. Priest is/was Don Mauro. 0776.300078. According to my Diocese book the records are not organised and the priest will occasionally allow a 'studioso' to look at the records.

Thanks for replying. From the sound of it, I'm probably going to have a tough time getting the priest(s) to let me review them....though I definitely want to try.

Are you familiar with any of the churches in Torrice? I believe there are 3 (hence the name of the town :) ). Any specific one that I should go to? Recommendations on how to approach/what to say to the priest(s) about these documents?

Thanks

Return to “Italian Genealogy”