A question about FHC

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

A question about FHC

Postby rancelli » 13 Jul 2012, 08:16

Do you know if FHC will pull a record for me if I ask them? It's for a marriage record in the town of Catona, but there's two places according to the FHC catalog. One in Reggio di Calabria and another in Salerno. I really don't want to waste my time and money on both towns just to search for a marriage record. I mean eventually I'll research this town for birth records, but for now I want to make sure that I have the right town. On the birth record that I have, there is a note on the side that says this person was married in Catona, but which one? They originated in Alanno before moving to Caggiano. If I had to make a guess, I would say the one in Salerno. I still want to be sure before ordering any film. That's why I'm asking since I have the actual date of marriage, do you think they will do me this favor by searching for the record?

Re: A question about FHC

Postby Italysearcher » 13 Jul 2012, 11:37

I am sure they can but for a fee.
Ann Tatangelo
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

Return to “Italian Genealogy”