translation difficulties

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
paolina

translation difficulties

Postby paolina » 17 Jul 2012, 22:07

Difficulty in translating information.I print something out then try to to translate word for word... Very frustrating and often doesn,t make sense. Have been on Lombardia,Brescia,Como archive sites for my Grandfathers family and find his name but get so frustrated because I am not sure what I am doing!!!!!!!!
Paolo Zanardi (grandfather)born 1861 in Edolo...... Battisti Zanardi (great grandfather) His name could have neen Giovanni Battisti born 1829
Could anyone help me with this
Thanks Paolina

dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Re: translation difficulties

Postby dragoni » 18 Jul 2012, 04:18

if you post the document here or type in the portions you want to translate perhaps we could help.

tom

kscanza
Rookie
Rookie

Postby kscanza » 23 Jul 2012, 03:02

Have you tried google translator?

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 25 Jul 2012, 20:53

paolina wrote:Difficulty in translating information.I print something out then try to to translate word for word... Very frustrating and often doesn,t make sense. Have been on Lombardia,Brescia,Como archive sites for my Grandfathers family and find his name but get so frustrated because I am not sure what I am doing!!!!!!!!
Paolo Zanardi (grandfather)born 1861 in Edolo...... Battisti Zanardi (great grandfather) His name could have neen Giovanni Battisti born 1829
Could anyone help me with this
Thanks Paolina

Hello Paolina :-)

The following site will help you to familiarize yourself with Italian records. It will also provide general translations of standardized records :-)
If you are having trouble with those records which are totally handwritten, then post them here as Tom suggested above. Use an image-sharing site such as www.postimage.org
and we can take a look and translate for you!

https://familyhistory.byu.edu/Downloads ... efault.htm

T.

paolina

Postby paolina » 25 Jul 2012, 21:05

Thank you,will try these sites and see how I go..Paolina

Return to “Italian Genealogy”