Olivastri/Olivastro surnames Chieti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
chrisrn

Olivastri/Olivastro surnames Chieti

Post by chrisrn »

Hi! New to this board and I'm hoping someone can help me.
I've been working on my family tree for years. I hired an expert to research one part of my line. She found information on my great-great grandparents. The information she found is:

Federico Olivastri married to Maria Teresa Olivastro (she was born 03Jan1848). They were married and resided in Treglio, Chieti, Abruzzo.
My question is this: Could their surnames have been so similar? Does anybody know if the surname Olivastro existed then? I thought maybe it was a mistake and her surname was also Olivastri!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Tersigni & DeGasperis: Sora,Frosinone,Lazio
Olivastri: Treglio,Chieti,Abruzzo
DiMarzo & DeSocio: Bonefro,Campobasso,Molise
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Olivastri/Olivastro surnames Chieti

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to the website
Could have possibly married a cousin have you have any birth records with there names on it as parents

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
chrisrn

Post by chrisrn »

adelfio wrote:Welcome to the website
Could have possibly married a cousin have you have any birth records with there names on it as parents

Marty
The only thing I have is their marriage record from Italy and it clearly shows an "o" at the end of her name (as opposed to an "i" at the end of his). I have been unable to find her parents certificates for any comparison. I was thinking the same thing: they were cousins of some sort and both named Olivastri. LOL
Tersigni & DeGasperis: Sora,Frosinone,Lazio
Olivastri: Treglio,Chieti,Abruzzo
DiMarzo & DeSocio: Bonefro,Campobasso,Molise
knitsatibia

Post by knitsatibia »

Since you have a date of birth you could write to the comune (town) and ask for birth records. You then would have the names of the parent. I was successful in getting a copy of a birth record from the comune in Treglio about two years ago. I used a combination of letters that I found on and alta vista babel fish online translator to create a letter. ( i speak and write a little italian)
Cheers