Grand Father Gaetano Rindone born Riesi, Sicily Sept.12,1871

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
crindone

Grand Father Gaetano Rindone born Riesi, Sicily Sept.12,1871

Postby crindone » 24 Jul 2012, 18:55

My Grand Father Gaetano Rindone was Born in Riesi Sept.12,1871 and Married (Unknown) around 1898. Had one child (Vincenzo) before she died. He later Married Maria Catena Cimino around 1908 and had three boys and one girl. Moved the family to the US in 1920.
I'm looking for the dates and names not shown above. Any help would be very appreciated.

Grand Father's First Wife's name?
Marriage date and where?

My Grand Father's Second Marriage date?

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Grand Father Gaetano Rindone born Riesi, Sicily Sept.12,

Postby Tessa78 » 24 Jul 2012, 20:16

Hello crindone :-)

Here is the birth record for Vincenzo Rindone, born in Riesi on February 17, 1903, to Gaetano Rindone, 27, peasant farmer; and to Rosaria Vella, his wife.
The child was born "without life"

Record #147, dated 18 February 1903 (click once to enlarge and again to magnify)
Right side of image

Here is the marriage record for Gaetano Rindone and Rosaria Vella.
Dated 9 September 1899 in Riesi, Record #76
Gaetano was 24, a peasant farmer, and son of Calogero, peasant farmer and of Giuseppa Galli.
Rosaria was 16, a spinner, and daughter of Vincenzo, a shepherd, and of Crocifessa Vecchio, a spinner.

Left side of image

T.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 25 Jul 2012, 15:14

GREAT RESEARCH T !!!!
There is a marriage allegati on ancestry.com for Gaetano Rindone and Rosaria Vella has there birth records and marriage publication and a cover page
Caltanissetta > Riesi > Allegati di Matrimonio > 1899 image pages 79-85
Click for cover page keep clicking to enlarge image

Gaetano Rindone and Rosaria Vella had another still born child (essere senza di vita) Giuseppe Rindone born 1900 Nov 25 INDEX 536
Click for record keep clicking to enlarge

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 25 Jul 2012, 20:24

Nice records, Marty! :-)

As yet, I am unable to locate a death record for Rosaria Vella :-)
OR a marriage for Gaetano Rindone and Maria Cimino :?

T.

crindone

Postby crindone » 01 Aug 2012, 15:22

Tessa, You can't know how much this has helped me. I have worked it seams forever at this and with one small note, you have filled a big hole.I can't thank you enough. I think the reason you could not find the marriage to Maria Catena Cimino to Gaetano is because they were married in Calascibetta not Riesi. I'am going to pour a glass of my home made wine and toast to you, a friend I have never met and wish I could. TO YOU! With my very best.....Charles

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 01 Aug 2012, 21:33

crindone wrote:Tessa, You can't know how much this has helped me. I have worked it seams forever at this and with one small note, you have filled a big hole.I can't thank you enough. I think the reason you could not find the marriage to Maria Catena Cimino to Gaetano is because they were married in Calascibetta not Riesi. I'am going to pour a glass of my home made wine and toast to you, a friend I have never met and wish I could. TO YOU! With my very best.....Charles

And to you... "Cin Cin!" :-D

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”