Montefalcione, St Margherita, Taurasi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Addamo
Rookie
Rookie

Montefalcione, St Margherita, Taurasi

Postby Addamo » 03 Aug 2012, 02:26

Hello,

I live in the United States and my husband and I are planning a trip to Italy this September for 3 weeks to visit the places where his family lived. Our first stop is Montevago where we have already made contact with some cousins and a ggAunt. We feel very lucky about that! The other cities we have not been as successful.

We have contacted every tour guide and none were interested in helping us. I guess the places are too remote. We wrote to everyone in Montefalcione with the Mauriello surname using the form letter provided on this site and not one person responded.

I was wondering if there is a member(s) on this site that might be able to help us navigate around in the above mentioned cities. We don't speak Italian at all and we know that will be a real problem for us. We'd like to meet family and visit cemeteries, churches and the residences of his family if they still exist.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”