Sending requests to Napoli and Palermiti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JRosano2012
Rookie
Rookie

Sending requests to Napoli and Palermiti

Postby JRosano2012 » 03 Aug 2012, 23:56

Hi All,

I am trying to work on my family tree and it seems that there arent many Italian records on ancestry. So, I am thinking that I will have to request them straight from the source. Does anybody if I can email my requests for birth certificates? I am looking for my grandmother's and her fathers. They are from Naples. I am also looking for them for my great-parents from Palermiti (grandfather's parents). Any information would be great.

Thanks,
Johnny

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Sending requests to Napoli and Palermiti

Postby adelfio » 04 Aug 2012, 01:14

What part of Napoli? Names and birthdates?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

JRosano2012
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Sending requests to Napoli and Palermiti

Postby JRosano2012 » 04 Aug 2012, 02:41

Hi Marty,

Thanks for the reply. Lets start with Napoli. This is where things get difficult. I am not 100% sure where my GM was born in Napoli. Her name was Olimpia Cantone. I think she was born in Barra, Napoli. I have also been having trouble with her birthdate. On old documents she lists a few different dates. I believe she was born December 13, 1926.

I am not sure what part of Napoli her father was born. His name was Amedeo Cantone. From what I have gathered, he was born on March 31, 1902.

If possible, I would also like to see if I can get my GM's brother, his birth certificate. His name was Antonio Cantone. He was born in Napoli as well (Barra I assume). The birthdate I have for him is February 10, 1933.

Now for Palermiti. These would be my great-grandparents, my GF's parents.

My GGF, John Rosano, was born on January 17, 1896 in Palermiti.

My GGM, Maria Rosano, was born on October 6, 1900 in Palermiti.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”