Any active genealogist available for Altamura, Bari?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Any active genealogist available for Altamura, Bari?

Postby rp76226 » 04 Aug 2012, 00:16

I am trying to find the families (spouses and descendants) of my grandfather's brothers who were born in Altamura, Bari, Italy. All were children of Michele Lorusso, born 13 August 1858 and died around 1906, and his wife Teresa Ninivaggi, born 1 December 1858. They were married 11 October 1884. My grandfather was Evangelista Lorusso, born 18 September 1900 and emigrated to the United States in 1921. He was the youngest child. His brothers were Vito (Vittorio?) and Dominic (Domenico?). All three fought in World War I for Italy. One brother was wounded in the face; the other was wounded in the arm. I would also like to get the military records of all three brothers. There were two sisters, Caterina and Laura, who died young, plus another child whose name I do not know. I think only my grandfather emigrated to America, but I am not entirely sure if that is true. I have tried unsuccessfully to contact Altamura and also the military. I would prefer not to wade through the Mormon film records for Altamura unless I had indexes to work with (plus it won't give me the military records nor likely the marriage nor possibly emigration records which were likely after WWI).

Return to “Italian Genealogy”