LUIZA or Luigia FURLAN

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1

LUIZA or Luigia FURLAN

Postby trevisan2 » 14 Aug 2012, 00:42

I am helping a girl named Renata from Brazil find information on her Grandfather's mother ( Luiza Furlan)
We need the birth information, date and place.

Her is what I know:

Americo Marchesin Son of Luizia Furlan and Giovanni Marchesin
B. 3 Feb 1890 Jundiai, Sao Paulo, Brazil

His Father is Giovanni Marchesin
B. abt 1832 Codogne, Treviso, Italy
Married July 19, 1864 Codogne, Treviso, Italy, was 30 at the marriage.
To: Maria Pavan who was 25 at the time of marriage. 1st marriage.

There were 9 children born int he marriage of Maria Pavan
all in Italy.
Marina, Antonio, Regina Faustina, Giacomo, Sperandio, Domenico, Giuseppe Graziadio, Giuseppa and Pietro Giovanni B. 1878

Americo's mother is Luiza or Luisa Furlan

We don't have any information on Luisa Furlan

Could someone please check the Brazilian emmigration records,

Thank You in advance,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provience of Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO

Surnames Melchiori of Oderzo, TV, Vendrame of TV, Rossi of Rai di San Polo, Bonotto of TV.
trevisan2
Elite
Elite

Re: LUIZA or Luigia FURLAN

Postby trevisan2 » 14 Aug 2012, 17:57

Here is some more information from the Brazil Emigration site, that someone sent me.
Maybe one of you can find Luigia Furlan's parents from this lead. I don't know if it is the same family, but will ask Renata, if the children match her family files.

Does the Aug 1887 date on like 05, mean the date they arrived in Brazil?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/68 ... at900.png/

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provience of Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore

Surnames Melchiori of Oderzo, TV, Vendrame of TV, Rossi of Rai di San Polo, Bonotto of TV.
trevisan2
Elite
Elite

Postby Tessa78 » 14 Aug 2012, 18:23

trevisan2 wrote:I am helping a girl named Renata from Brazil find information on her Grandfather's mother ( Luiza Furlan)
We need the birth information, date and place.

Her is what I know:

Americo Marchesin Son of Luizia Furlan and Giovanni Marchesin
B. 3 Feb 1890 Jundiai, Sao Paulo, Brazil

His Father is Giovanni Marchesin
B. abt 1832 Codogne, Treviso, Italy
[b]Married
July 19, 1864 Codogne, Treviso, Italy, was 30 at the marriage.
To: Maria Pavan who was 25 at the time of marriage. 1st marriage.[/b]

There were 9 children born int he marriage of Maria Pavan
all in Italy.
Marina, Antonio, Regina Faustina, Giacomo, Sperandio, Domenico, Giuseppe Graziadio, Giuseppa and Pietro Giovanni B. 1878

Americo's mother is Luiza or Luisa Furlan

We don't have any information on Luisa Furlan

Could someone please check the Brazilian emmigration records,

Thank You in advance,
Trevisan2

Hello Trevisan2 :-)

According to the immigration record you posted, it would appear Giovanni Marchesin's wife was MARIA FURLAN not Maria Pavan :?

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby trevisan2 » 14 Aug 2012, 18:32

I know that Maria Pavan and Lugia Furlan are not the same people.

I have found a Giovanni Marchesin b. 1831 to a Maria Pavan and having 9 children in Fontanelle, Codogne, and Cimetta, ending in 1878.

My Friend Renata says her Grandfather Americo Marchesin was born in 1890 in Brazil with a mother of Luigia Furlan.
It could be that Giovanni's 1st wife passed away in Italy. I am checking on the last two children, of Giovanni Marchesin, that were married in the 1887 time period and to see how their mother ( Maria Pavon) is listed, di or fu. If she is deceased, then it will mean, that that Giovanni could be married to a 2nd wife.

Regards,
Trevisan2
Domege di Cadore

trevisan2
Elite
Elite

Postby Tessa78 » 14 Aug 2012, 21:34

trevisan2 wrote:I know that Maria Pavan and Lugia Furlan are not the same people.

I have found a Giovanni Marchesin b. 1831 to a Maria Pavan and having 9 children in Fontanelle, Codogne, and Cimetta, ending in 1878.

My Friend Renata says her Grandfather Americo Marchesin was born in 1890 in Brazil with a mother of Luigia Furlan.
It could be that Giovanni's 1st wife passed away in Italy. I am checking on the last two children, of Giovanni Marchesin, that were married in the 1887 time period and to see how their mother ( Maria Pavon) is listed, di or fu. If she is deceased, then it will mean, that that Giovanni could be married to a 2nd wife.

Regards,
Trevisan2

Since the manifest lists Giovanni's wife as Maria Furlan on the immigration record of 1887 [chegada means arrival], maybe Americo's mother was Maria Luigia Furlan, but used Luigia... :-)

Just another observation... The age of Giovanni Marchesin on the 1887 immigration record is listed as 35, but if he was born in 1831 it should be 56, right?
AND you have listed with the family, Paolina Rossi of age 70, who appears to be the mother of Giovanni Marchesin.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby trevisan2 » 16 Aug 2012, 15:56

I know there are some issues with this Giovanni Marchesin.
I hav Elimated Giovanni Marchesin and Maria Pavan, from being Renata's ancestors.

I asked Renata to furnish me with copies of her grandfather Americo and other immigration records. At the moment, we are working with a expert in Brazil to figure the records out.

Here is the site where some of emmigration info was obtained

www.memorialdoimigrante.org.br/

regards,
Trevisan2
Domege di Cadore

trevisan2
Elite
Elite

Postby suanj » 16 Aug 2012, 16:33

the little Pietro Marchesin on the ship's manifest, son of Giovanni Marchesin and Maria Furlan, well he was 5 old in 1887 so born around 1882;
you said that Pietro Giovanni Marchesin ( son of Giovanni Marchesin and Maria Pavan) was born in 1878... something in this your search not matching...
http://www.museudaimigracao.org.br/acer ... 06_165.pdf
also on the ship's manifest I no read all children that you mentioned:

Instead I read:
Maria, Lucia, Luigi, Pietro and Antonio
:roll:
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby trevisan2 » 17 Aug 2012, 06:35

i AGREE that the Luigia Furlan is not the wife of my Giovanni Marchesin or the Maria Pavan.

My friend Renata, is going to have to start with her grandfather in Brazil and trace him forward with a professional looking at the documents, because there are other people with the same names.

In any event,

Here is a great site, that was sent to me today on DIGITAL IMAGES ON EMMIGRATION RECORDS IN BRAZIL.

http://www.museudaimigracao.org.br/acer ... =Pesquisar

Trevisan2
Domege di Cadore

trevisan2
Elite
Elite

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy