Paone near Catanzaro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Paone near Catanzaro

Postby Psychoticprof » 14 Aug 2012, 04:54

I had such a great response from vj (thanks again) that my wife wants me to try to find her father's family.

Problem is, she isn't sure of anything, names/places/dates except for her father, Tomasso Paone, born about 1912. He had a sister, Concetta (who married a Salvatore Damiano) and a brother, Bernardo who was a police officer in Rome.

She isn't even sure of the town. It appears to be either Gimigliano or Gagliato near Catanzaro. Tomasso (thomas) emigrated in the mid to early 1950's to New Jersey. That's about all she has.
Psychoticprof

Re: Paone near Catanzaro

Postby suanj » 14 Aug 2012, 10:58

Hi,
maybe the birthplace could be Gagliano (Catanzaro province)
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby susanne parisi » 13 Sep 2012, 01:33

Hello my mothers family name is Paone...she is from the town of Tiriolo where 60% of the residence there have the last name Paone. Tiriolo is about 9 miles from the city of Catanzaro. Tommaso is not familiar to me most of the relations are "Dominico" I have a family tree and will double check.
susanne parisi

Postby Psychoticprof » 17 Sep 2012, 03:14

I've had a reply from Gagliano and it confirms the relatives are there and have a definitive history.

Should you find additional info, please let me know. And thanks so much for looking.

Best,

Prof. D.
Psychoticprof

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy