I need help deciphering a record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Josie07M11
Rookie
Rookie

I need help deciphering a record

Postby Josie07M11 » 17 Aug 2012, 14:47

Hi everyone,

I need some help deciphering this italian record from 1869. The record is on the upper left hand side of the image. Using my simple understanding of Italian and from previous research I can gather that her husband was Pasquale Sterrantino, her father was Domenico Lo Guidice and her mother was Camela Sciacca. But I'd really like to know when she was born or how old she was when she died. I think it says she was born in Taormina but died in Giardini?

Any help would be awesome!

http://oi47.tinypic.com/168sz2c.jpg

Thanks!
Josie

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: I need help deciphering a record

Postby adelfio » 17 Aug 2012, 15:26

Josie07M11 wrote:Hi everyone,

I need some help deciphering this italian record from 1869. The record is on the upper left hand side of the image. Using my simple understanding of Italian and from previous research I can gather that her husband was DECEASED Pasquale Sterrantino, her father was Domenico Lo Guidice and her mother was Camela Sciacca. But I'd really like to know when she was born or how old she was when she died.SHE WAS 70 years old di anni settanta and her profession was a cotton spinner I think it says she was born in Taormina but died in Giardini? YES THAT IS CORRECT

Thanks!
Josie

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 17 Aug 2012, 15:32

Josie07M11 wrote:Hi everyone,

I need some help deciphering this italian record from 1869. The record is on the upper left hand side of the image. Using my simple understanding of Italian and from previous research I can gather that her husband was Pasquale Sterrantino YES, her father was Deceased Domenico Lo Guidice YES and her mother was deceased Carmela Sciacca YES. But I'd really like to know when she was born not noted or how old she was when she died She was 70 years old. I think it says she was born in Taormina YES but resided AND died in Giardini YES?

Thanks!
Josie

In addition to the above notations...
She died on 16 January of the current year [I assume 1869 as you stated...but the beginning of the record is on the previous page] at 5 AM. She was a spinner [filatrice]

T.

Josie07M11
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Josie07M11 » 17 Aug 2012, 15:34

Thanks Marty and Tessa! That's really helpful.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”