Stuck in Pistoia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Stuck in Pistoia

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 20 Aug 2012, 20:10

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am stuck in my search. Right now I've traced the family line back to my to my GGGGF, but can't seem to get traction going further back.

My GGF (Dino Paolo Giovanni Barontini) was born in Lucca on 8 Aug 1897 and died in the States on 29 July 1985. My GGGF (his father) was Leopoldo Barontini, but we have no other info on him. However, on my GGF's elder brother's (Gino Giovanni Fortunato) baptismal record it says "Leopoldo di Antonio di Vicofaro, Pistoia". Which gives us Leopoldo's father - Antonio Barontini and the probable birth place of Leopoldo as Vicofaro, Pistoia. We have no other info on Antonio either.

That is the furthest back I've been able to go. Anyone have a suggestion (short of traveling to Tuscany :) ) on how to proceed? Thanks.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Stuck in Pistoia

Postby adelfio » 21 Aug 2012, 15:53

Couldnt find no marriage record of Leopoldo Barontini,father of Dino Paolo Giovanni Barontini from Lucca? Would give his birth place and parents info on it

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Re: Stuck in Pistoia

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 21 Aug 2012, 19:26

Hi Adelfio,

I haven't been able to locate Leopoldo's marriage record. Do you have any recommendations on where such records can be found? Thanks.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany

Return to “Italian Genealogy”